Red slime problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tom22re
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tom22re

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2013
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Daytona beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef tank and I keep having issues with red slime I get a handle on it goes away for a few months then comes back I have a 7 stage ro machine everything is perfect with that how can I get rid of it long-term suggestions
 
Have you tested your water for Phosphates and Nitrates. Most all nusiance algaes are caused by excess nutrients. Make sure you have good flow throughout tank, test for Phospates and be carefull and don't overfeed (main cause). Also you want to test your ro water to make sure it is not passing Phosphates.
 
Could be a lot of things. Phos, nitrates, old lighting, over feeding, not enough flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new