OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided that i like the way the hammers look planted in the sand, like a little tree. But, i am worried the diamond goby will tip them over so i designed and printed up a couple plug stands with a wide base.
20200721_092851.jpg

I think i like the short sleeved version better. That should save them from the excavator! Still trying to dial in all the settings for PETG so it isnt the prettiest, but, then again it will be burried in sand...

I will post an update pic when i put them in after work.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided that i like the way the hammers look planted in the sand, like a little tree. But, i am worried the diamond goby will tip them over so i designed and printed up a couple plug stands with a wide base.
20200721_092851.jpg

I think i like the short sleeved version better. That should save them from the excavator! Still trying to dial in all the settings for PETG so it isnt the prettiest, but, then again it will be burried in sand...

Those look awesome! Good idea :)

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20200721_092851.jpg

I may have to try get that STL from you when you're done. My diamond gone is wrecking my hammers and mushroom frag plugs that are in the sand. :confused:

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have to try get that STL from you when you're done. My diamond gone is wrecking my hammers and mushroom frag plugs that are in the sand. :confused:
Absolutely, what is the stem diameter of your plugs and how deep the sand? I have been using the Oceans Wonders plugs which are ~10.35mm so the inner diameter of the stand i did was 11mm. PM me your email and i will shoot you over that file, if your plugs are any different i can modify really easy. Let me know.

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too little too late... I added some mesh to close some gaps between the canopy and tank. R.I.P little carpenter's wrasse. ;Sorry Got home the other day and didn't see him swimming around so i asked my wife if she had seen him. She said yes so i didn't think anything of it until i fed them later that evening and he was a no show. Some investigating and interrogating and then she admitted the letting the lid slam when she fed them lunch and remembered hearing a splash. So i grabbed a flashlight to see if i could see him behind the tank. No luck, but it's been a week. I think he is surfing carpets in the sky now, poor little guy.
20200730_174703.jpg

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Too little too late... I added some mesh to close some gaps between the canopy and tank. R.I.P little carpenter's wrasse. ;Sorry Got home the other day and didn't see him swimming around so i asked my wife if she had seen him. She said yes so i didn't think anything of it until i fed them later that evening and he was a no show. Some investigating and interrogating and then she admitted the letting the lid slam when she fed them lunch and remembered hearing a splash. So i grabbed a flashlight to see if i could see him behind the tank. No luck, but it's been a week. I think he is surfing carpets in the sky now, poor little guy.
20200730_174703.jpg

An unfortunately familiar feeling. :confused:

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full tank shot update:
20200804_194032.jpg

GHA is still a pest but is looking better. As soon as i can free up some more coin it will be time for another reef cleaners order. I have 40 or 50 dwarf cerith, 4 full grown cerith and 3 nerite snails along with a tuxido urchin pep shrimp and conch. I didnt realize how many snails the emerald crab or peppermint shrimp ate in quarantine until i went to move them. Pretty well all of the big ones :( Poor little crab didnt make it either. I thought i was feeding enough but the shrimp ate him. Definitely a learning experience. think we'll order another 50 of the dwarf ceriths, those dudes are worker-bees! And a dozen or so astrea and nassarius.
20200804_195709.jpg

Here is a clean spot where the little snails have been hard at work. Also it looks like the green coraline is starting to grow! Woo!

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol, right?! Dang things. I am really torn to just QT them for a week just to watch for ugly stuff then toss them in the display.

So I'm trying something new this time. I have some black mollies in there as canaries. Per Humblefish, after two weeks, if mollies don't know signs of ich, should be good to go as any tomonts that could have hitched a ride should hatch by then and infect (show up) on mollies.

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm trying something new this time. I have some black mollies in there as canaries. Per Humblefish, after two weeks, if mollies don't know signs of ich, should be good to go as any tomonts that could have hitched a ride should hatch by then and infect (show up) on mollies.
That sounds pretty awesome. You will have to keep us updated how that goes, i might do it too!

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested my ro after i noticed my di resin was depleting really quick. Found that it was at 27 ppm. :( replaced 1 of the carbon filters, sed filter and membrane. Pre di it is now back down to 2 :) was thinking about ways to make packing the di cartridge easer and had a minte at my desk and came up with this:
20200823_214818.jpg

Worked great! I am headed out camping for the week, but will probably add the tamper and funnel stl to thingiverse when i get back.
Also, before filling my ro barrel back up i decided to drain it. Peaked in and saw this nasty rust chunk. I dont know how it got in there but am very glad i caught it and that it isnt there anymore!

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tested my ro after i noticed my di resin was depleting really quick. Found that it was at 27 ppm. :( replaced 1 of the carbon filters, sed filter and membrane. Pre di it is now back down to 2 :) was thinking about ways to make packing the di cartridge easer and had a minte at my desk and came up with this:
20200823_214818.jpg

Worked great! I am headed out camping for the week, but will probably add the tamper and funnel stl to thingiverse when i get back.
Also, before filling my ro barrel back up i decided to drain it. Peaked in and saw this nasty rust chunk. I dont know how it got in there but am very glad i caught it and that it isnt there anymore!

I need to print a set of those. Just noticed that my out is showing 1tds this morning, which is weird considering both canisters still look dark. But i'm going to do a fresh pack and see how that goes...TDS pen is still showing 0 though which is weird.

Probably time to change out the sediment and carbon filters too, they're coming up on 12 months old.

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This month's update....i know it's been a while! I pulled the island rock in the front left and drilled a bunch of holes for zoa frags. There is also a nice dendro and a very sad favia on it too. I am pretty sad about that favia, ive had it 2 years now and when i moved it over it went south quick. I don't think it's going to make it. Everything else is looking pretty good though, the gha continues it recede.
20200920_191046.jpg

I haven't cleaned the rock other than blowing it off with a baster twice since my last post. Also i FREAKING HATE my scraper. It is a piece of junk imagitarium one. So...i apologize the back wall is still a little grody.
I had some time while we were watching Malificent with our daughter last night, so i drew up some hinges and built a cover for my ato. No more cling wrapped egg crate down there now! :p
20200920_191117.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back