Redsea line exploded

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My redsea doser is not even 2 months old. I dose everyday 32ml through the day multiple doses all for reef. This morning the line exploded. And i noticed the tip of the line where it sits on the brackets was clogged. Is that normal? Or something i have to check for often? Or it was a bad luck. I dose all for reef

Last edited:

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what you are dosing. Some things tend to cake up especially if you don’t dose much per day. I was dosing AFR in a nano type tank and that line clogged all the time.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you dosing? I used my red sea doser to dose kalk and it would destroy the lines in a couple months. I now use it to dose 2 part and its been fine since. I use a versa for my kalk now with no issues.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the plastic tip in the hose? It will clog and have to be cleaned. I run open hoses so I can just run the end between my thumb and forefinger to clean it.
There was some discussion about it last week.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the plastic tip in the hose? It will clog and have to be cleaned. I run open hoses so I can just run the end between my thumb and forefinger to clean it.
There was some discussion about it last week.

Yea i do. And i dose all for reef

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you dosing? I used my red sea doser to dose kalk and it would destroy the lines in a couple months. I now use it to dose 2 part and its been fine since. I use a versa for my kalk now with no issues.
All for reef

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been dosing AFR for a couple years now. Started with the DIY and switched to the powder. Using Kamoer X1 pro 2's and have had no issues clogging other than the very end of the tube where it comes out, which is normal.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless there is an air leak, it should not be drying out/clogging in the line. Are you mixing it until it's fully dissolved?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My redsea doser is not even 2 months old. I dose everyday 32ml through the day multiple doses all for reef. This morning the line exploded. And i noticed the tip of the line where it sits on the brackets was clogged. Is that normal? Or something i have to check for often? Or it was a bad luck. I dose all for reef
I have found that all for reef clogs the end of lines much quicker than other additives.

If you can, get one of the below fittings. All for reef to one side of the double end, ato to the other. The ato will constantly clean out the end where the all for reef comes out.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i do. And i dose all for reef
I'm dosing AFR also but do not have the nozzle in the hose and have no problem with the hose plugging. I just reach in and rub the end of the hose once in a while just like this. I do the same on all 3 dosers I have running. I dose AFR, 2 part, and kalk (3 different tanks) and have never had a hose plug.
PXL_20240412_162823432.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.6%
Back