Redsea Reefer XL200 - Cycle Started

Christopher Poore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there! Great looking setup - I am currently working on plumbing my 200xl with an M2. Might I ask why you're only running the pump at 50%?

What diameter return plumbing did you go with?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any details you can share about sump modification to hook up the Clarisea 3000? Just setting up mine and thinking about adding one.
Hi yes was pretty straight forward, put the sump on the kitchen table and get either scalpel or Stanley knife blade, then push the blade into the silicone filter sock section, I pushed the blade in and moved it backward and forwards and it then started to cut the silicone seems hard when you start but stick with it took about 25 minutes, I will upload some pictures when I get back from work where the Clarisea sits, then you will need to change the direction of the return flow pipe so it goes directly to the Clarisea. Defiantly do the MOD don't be put off Clarisea works great personally think its was a great inverstment.

Any more questiosn ask away my XL200 has now been up and running for 6 months

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there! Great looking setup - I am currently working on plumbing my 200xl with an M2. Might I ask why you're only running the pump at 50%?

What diameter return plumbing did you go with?

Thanks!
I think the M2 is over kill the S2 is running now at 60% and is very quiet, plumbing is UPVC 32mn

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting about your sump layout. I recently got a 200XL and I am in the middle of laying out how I'm going to fit everything. I really would like to implement a rollermat and it seems like the Clarisea is the best reviewed.

It is a little hard to see exactly what is going on, but it looks like you have it mounted right in front of where the filter sock would normally be. I measured this area on my sump and it looks to be 5.5 inches (140mm) but Clarisea says the width of the rollermat is 145mm. Here is a picture of the corner I think you have it placed.

Sump Rollermat Location.jpg

Did the SK-3000 fit without having to modify the sump at all?

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fits perfectly you need to remove the filter sock holder, Clarisea fits at the front perfectly I'm uploading a couple of pictures later tonight after work

Johnnygreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi yes was pretty straight forward, put the sump on the kitchen table and get either scalpel or Stanley knife blade, then push the blade into the silicone filter sock section, I pushed the blade in and moved it backward and forwards and it then started to cut the silicone seems hard when you start but stick with it took about 25 minutes, I will upload some pictures when I get back from work where the Clarisea sits, then you will need to change the direction of the return flow pipe so it goes directly to the Clarisea. Defiantly do the MOD don't be put off Clarisea works great personally think its was a great inverstment.

Any more questiosn ask away my XL200 has now been up and running for 6 months
Very helpful. Thanks!

scottjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to rejoin the hobby. I like the XL200 and noticed some posters recommending moving the electronics outside of the sump area. Does anyone have any pictures or recommendations on how to do this? I'm debating whether to build a custom cabinet with separate compartment. I'd like to keep everything neat and tidy.

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the slow reply works been hectic, see attached photos of the sump
Down pipe from the tank straight into the Clarisea, you can see where the filter socks were removed I filled this chamber with bio media
5FA273A7-27F7-4C4F-99EB-6368800FF158.jpeg
CC9D8E47-BBA4-42D1-8553-A3713E2401CE.jpeg 659B0029-D9E0-4DBC-8DCC-7081F00B82EE.jpeg
596E5422-13FB-486E-AF4B-E06319D73D63.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fitted UV Steriliser from the pump and back down into the pump in take chamber
908BE955-A46F-424A-9710-782ECBB153EB.jpeg

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need any help or advice give me a shout I’m no expert but everything I have done with equipment seems to be working out
Hi there, I started cycling my REDSEA XL200 in May and finished adding livestock and my fishes on July 21st. Only now getting around to fine tuning my EcoTech Vectra M2 return pump. Specs for the XL200 indicate 530GPH. First question: is this including the 3ft for the cabinet and the 21” for the display tank for a total of ~60”?
Second question: to set the max flow for the Vectra M2, there are 12 LEDS. Can I assume each light equals 167 gallons for a total of 2,000GPH (max GPH for Vectra M2). Not sure if you have a Vectra M2 pump, but maybe someone else does. Also, I haven’t loaded the EcoSmartLive yet and I don’t have ReefLink. There was a firmware update indicating that we can now access the Vectra M2 from Mobius and am in process of pursuing that right now. I really need to calibrate my pump so I can use the Feed Mode feature. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Much appreciated. JL
C60D4089-AE7D-4D00-9925-82D8555CE925.jpeg

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you done the update for Mobius?

I have the Vectra S2 running with the 8th led lit does a great job

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is 9” high though could be higher if i raised the baffle just before the overflow to the return pump

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

Been out of the hobby for over 16 years so feel like a noob again trying to catch up, just started the Cycle Redsea XL200, spent a number of hours stacking rocks on dinning room table, then spent even longer getting the plumbing in place. In the sump Clarisea 3000, Deltec 509 Reactor, Deltec 10w UV Steriliser, Nyos 120 skimmer, Neptune ATK, Apex at the back
1.jpg
Looks great!!!!

OP
OP
Exib

Exib

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, is 9” the lowest setting for the adjustable baffle? I’m about to set one up and trying to figure out my skimmer selection. Thank you.
No i could go lower as i have the baffle raised, I could go easy lower the baffle to 8”

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back