redtop03's 360g plywood adventure

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! This is one of my favorite threads to check in on. No more chaeto tumbler? Do you think its unnecessary to grow the chaeto now? That plumbing does look much better. I have been wanting an ocean motion for a min. How do you like yours?

Also, I'm all about progression pics. Thanks for posting them and keep em coming!!! Your corals are looking great!

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! This is one of my favorite threads to check in on. No more chaeto tumbler? Do you think its unnecessary to grow the chaeto now? That plumbing does look much better. I have been wanting an ocean motion for a min. How do you like yours?

Also, I'm all about progression pics. Thanks for posting them and keep em coming!!! Your corals are looking great!

thank you...I still have the chaeto tumbling in my sump where the skimmer used to be,as long as the chaeto is growing I'll keep it but it has slowed way down now....the OM is awesome,well worth the money

unfortunately,all my really nice coral are chalice and they do get in any hurry to get bigger,so progressive pics with those is kinda boring LOL but I like to look back at their size when I first got 'em and compare the growth in pics,it's hard to see much growth when you see 'em everyday

again,thank you for the kind words

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Love the before and after shots. It will be incredible when everything grows into huge colonies. and you have the room for some huge colonies.

thank you,I love all that room in there but it seems like it will take forever til it doesn't look empty....I need to add 10 or 15 small schooling fish for some more movement

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a better pic of my frogspawn,it's all bushed out now and looking great...

IMG_1618.jpg

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Willie, haven't checked in for a while and just went thru the whole thread. It looks like you have made some great progress! My tank is still being difficult and my planned redo of the sump and waterchange setup has stalled out a bit. How do you like your hammerhead? I swapped out my GenX for a Hammerhead Gold and absolutely love the thing. It runs VERY quiet and extremely cool for the amount of flow it kicks out.

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Willie, haven't checked in for a while and just went thru the whole thread. It looks like you have made some great progress! My tank is still being difficult and my planned redo of the sump and waterchange setup has stalled out a bit. How do you like your hammerhead? I swapped out my GenX for a Hammerhead Gold and absolutely love the thing. It runs VERY quiet and extremely cool for the amount of flow it kicks out.

thanks,hope you can get your tank straightened out...the hammerhead is awesome,as you said,very quiet,no heat issues,and it's extremely powerful...best pumps on the market in my opinion...I have a dart that I plan to use for my return as soon as I get off my sorry butt and drill the sump for the 2" bulkhead :D

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order with liveaquaria.com for a few more fish and some other things

I ordered 1 of these beauties while they're on sale

lg-74214-Powder-Blue-Tang.jpg

a small group of these...1 male,3 female

lg-89659-Maldives-Lyretail-.jpg

2 of these

lg-78465-Blood-Red-Fire-Shr.jpg

and a rock full of these

Eagle%20eye%20p.jpg

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well,I lost a female anthea on the first day and the male anthea a few days later but everything else is doing great......here's the best I could do with pics of the new critters,the 2 remaining female anthias are still hiding in the rock work so there's no chance of getting a good pic of any of them yet,but they've been out a lot today,same thing with the 2 shrimps,may try to get more pics tomorrow

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my wife is gonna kill me but I just placed another order with live aquaria for these...and it's already shipped,unfortunately,the tang wasn't in stock and will be shipped later

Dragon Eye zoas
lg-020311-158a.jpg

Pink Ray zoas
lg-76111-pink-rays.jpg

Caribbean blue tang
lg-73707-blue-caribbean-tang.jpg

plus 3 more of the female antheas

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. You have some nice colonies and lots of room to grow!

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everybody,most of those pics are of the frag pack I won here back in March,all are doing great,I figured it was time for an update...

those were taken just after my T5s came on this morning,I was gonna take more after the MHs came on but I slipped off into a deep comma and missed my chance LOL maybe tomorrow

Troylee,the BM doser and BRS 2-part made a world of difference in my tank,the manual dosing doesn't work well for someone as forgetful as me LOL

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back