OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plus,I have some new additions,compliments of a good reefing buddy :D thank you coraltastic :D

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

plus there's some more zoas in the frag tank that I've not taken pics of yet

Degener8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I couldn't read all 22 pages tonight but it certainly looks amazing still. I hope the tank is holding up very well for you. I have seen it done on other forums but not with quite as much finess as you have done. :applause:

I'll get around to reading the entire journey soon.

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I couldn't read all 22 pages tonight but it certainly looks amazing still. I hope the tank is holding up very well for you. I have seen it done on other forums but not with quite as much finess as you have done. :applause:

I'll get around to reading the entire journey soon.

thank you,yep,the tank is holding up great,it will soon be 3 years old,and there's still no sign of any moisture damage anywhere on it,I see no reason that it wouldn't last for decades :D

I see you are a fellow Kentuckian too,nice

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks skinz...I get side tracked from time to time and forget to update but when I do,I load a bunch of pics all at once LOL

I have around 100 different coral now,with about 40 different SPS(mostly frags).....I wasn't going for an SPS dominate tank but it is slipping toward that rapidly LOL

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for some updates willie

holy cow,it's been 4 months,I'm way behind,I'm on so many forums,that I forget to update all of 'em LOL I'll try to get some new pics up in a day or 2....worst thing is my female clownfish jumped,I found her yesterday morning behind my tank,everything else is doing great though

I will add a FTS for the time being :D

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg
IMG_2796.jpg

I now have 3 RBTAs :D plus a few more of my favorite top down shots

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not get pictures to come out that good under my leds to save my life

cameras don't like LEDs LOL mine actually don't come out great either if my halides aren't on,the camera can't seem to deal with a lot of blue like my T5s produce,it 'is in the white balance setting but I can't seem to figure out how to set mine correctly

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why is it that some SPS coral color up nicely,and some not ? these are all within a few inches of each other so basically the same flow and light

my purple nana acro,came from Reef Fish, Marine Fish, Coral, Aquarium Supplies & more - Saltwaterfish.com it's never looked as good as their pic but it has always had the purple tips,it just doesn't seem to want to fully color up...

purplenana1.jpg

purplenana.jpg

then my pearlberry which came from My Reef to Yours - Coral Frags it is beautiful and only about a foot from the purple nana

pearlberry2.jpg

pearlberry1.jpg

pearlberry.jpg

and this 1,I forget it's name,seems like it was a cobalt something or other,it came from My Reef to Yours - Coral Frags as well,it started RTNing and with someone suggesting I frag off the bad,I managed to save it,it's colors are amazing and it has fully encrusted the rock,it should start growing up now

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

and then I have this 1 which also came from My Reef to Yours - Coral Frags ,it has great growth and PE but will not color up,don't remember what it was called either :D

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

here is also a mistake that turned out beautifully,this birds nest I think is a ponape not sure though,but I got it from a friend,it was about an inch frag,I managed to break it off the frag disc and never found the frag,lucking,there was enough encrustation on the disc that it grew back,now it's better that ever,it is mostly yellow in color and looks great

IMG_2800.jpg

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the worst is a tri-color I got from a friend,it was absolutely stunning when I first got it,it looks dead now but there's still some PE at the base.....should I remove the top and let the encrustation start over ?

before
IMG_2520.jpg

after
IMG_2830.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet that one comes back in time, I've had them get pretty white and make full recoveries.

OP
OP
redtop03

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet that one comes back in time, I've had them get pretty white and make full recoveries.

I hope it does,it still has PE at the base and it isn't really as white as it looks in that pic,it is more of a light tan color...I have 1 other coral that is the same way too,and other SPS coral next to them both that look excellent,it just boggles my mind that some closely related coral can be so different in terms of what they like :D

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back