Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it need heat packs?

Ryan

No. The temperature that day will be in the low 60's. So not too hot or cold. The bags of corals will be 78-80 degrees, and you can just place them in a cooler and they should hold that temp for at least 4-5 hours.

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, should be no problem without heat packs. I recall two swaps, one in Goodlettsville, one in Murfreesboro were cold snaps moved in the day of the swap. People were scrambling to find heat packs then, fortunately, someone found a huge box of them and was selling them at cost right by the door.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made up a lot of water and did a massive partial water change tonight. Nitrates went from way off the charts to finally readable. I think they still need to come down further though. More water mixing and changing tomorrow.

Ryan

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic from test
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1366350136.955791.jpg

Ryan

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope they come down for you especially with the swap being tomorrow. Remember to not rush in this hobby as that will lead to bad things. Worst case maybe some of the members with frag tanks or QT's setup can hold some corals for you from the swap until you are sure your tank is ready? Just throwing it out there. Would hate to see you spend a lot of money this weekend just to end up with a headache a few weeks down the road and lost money.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope they come down for you especially with the swap being tomorrow. Remember to not rush in this hobby as that will lead to bad things. Worst case maybe some of the members with frag tanks or QT's setup can hold some corals for you from the swap until you are sure your tank is ready? Just throwing it out there. Would hate to see you spend a lot of money this weekend just to end up with a headache a few weeks down the road and lost money.

I hear you man. I think my water change I do tonight will fix it though and it will give the tank plenty of time to stabilize. I can't spend to much though. The wife and I will be in a rush as she has to be at work back in Cookeville by 3.

Ryan

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was able to get my Nitrates down to about 10 ppm last night. So I got to enjoy the swap today. Let me start by saying that it was awesome and I was only there about 45 minutes. I wish I could have stayed the whole time, but had to have the wife back for work. I did not go crazy right now but I picked up 4 nice corals from hidef. 2 zoas, a hammer, and an acan. Will be taking and posting picture tonight or tomorrow.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of what I got.

Attachments

• IMG_1429.jpg
    IMG_1429.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1431.jpg
    IMG_1431.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 205
OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made some new additions this week. Nuclear green palys, some random zoas from my lfs, and a nice frogspawn.

Yesterday I got to bring home my first fish. It is a very nice cb oscellaris clown. Really nice coloring compared to most. Love having something swimming in the tank!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Attachments

• 1367519682693.jpg
    1367519682693.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 1367519695180.jpg
    1367519695180.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 227

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great! Nice additions!

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright Monday I stopped by the aquatic critter with the wife and she and I spotted a lobo in the frag tank. The wife really liked it so we went ahead and got it. The tissue is receding very quickly to expose skeleton. I currently have it on the sandbed and not entirely sure why it is receding like this. Is it not getting enough light? I have checked my params and everything is in line like normal. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Ryan

dmatt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lps tend to not like a ton of light. How's the alk n pH

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your alkalinity is definitely on the low side, I am assuming that you used a Hanna and that's the PPM reading which would translate into a dKH around 7. You should bump that up with some dosing or a water change. Which salt mix are you using? How much flow does the lobo have?

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your alkalinity is definitely on the low side, I am assuming that you used a Hanna and that's the PPM reading which would translate into a dKH around 7. You should bump that up with some dosing or a water change. Which salt mix are you using? How much flow does the lobo have?

No Hanna yet, right now I am using the API liquid kit. I use Red Sea coral pro. The lobo was in medium flow. I moved it last night to a low flow part of the tank. To be honest it was deteriorating so rapidly I will be surprised if there is anything left when I get home from work this afternoon.

Ryan

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 29.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 58 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back