Reef casa halo light

Xantolegax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Has anyone tried the halo light from reef casa? I have problems with the light schedule, my hammer and gsp shrinks at a specific time of the day. I’m currently doing the schedule they have on their webpage and I just want to know if anyone changed their original schedule

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure thats a rebranded Reefbreeders nano light. I have one.

1- 10:00
A-0 B-0 C-0

2- 16:00
A-100 B-100 C-28 (this is the one that will really crank up the par. So be carful.)

3- 22:00
A-0 B-0 C-0

Hope that makes sense.

OP
OP
X

Xantolegax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure thats a rebranded Reefbreeders nano light. I have one.

1- 10:00
A-0 B-0 C-0

2- 16:00
A-100 B-100 C-28 (this is the one that will really crank up the par. So be carful.)

3- 22:00
A-0 B-0 C-0

Hope that makes sense.
Thank you! Will this work in a 12 gallon tank?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like those.coral are.getting an over saturation of light.

As far as the comment of rebranding, reefvreeders does not build lights. They.source lights from China
Buy in bulk and have those orders branded with their name. Nothing wrong with that, just the facts. That is why you can find the reefbreeders lights on the Chinese websites labeled with a model number instead of name. If you try to order them into the united states, they will refuse the sale, as they have a purchasing agreement with Logan from reefbreeders.

OP
OP
X

Xantolegax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like those.coral are.getting an over saturation of light.

As far as the comment of rebranding, reefvreeders does not build lights. They.source lights from China
Buy in bulk and have those orders branded with their name. Nothing wrong with that, just the facts. That is why you can find the reefbreeders lights on the Chinese websites labeled with a model number instead of name. If you try to order them into the united states, they will refuse the sale, as they have a purchasing agreement with Logan from reefbreeders.
The weird thing is that they ussualy shrink for only 30 minutes when lights are ramping off

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that is awesome!! Can you send me a picture of the tank?
IMG_0244.jpeg

ReefRebels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one of these lights from reefcasa and have not had an issue with it on my last setup or my new one. One should know it is a rebranded Spectra Aqua Knight v2.

I have two hammers under it and one has started to split into 3 heads within less than a month. I do have the hammers toward the very bottom. I also had them spend their first week at the bottom on the sand bed, even starting the first day or two in the lightly lite cave to avoid burning. I don't know what else is in your tank or how much water is between your light and the hammers, but maybe putting them at the bottom of your tank or even a shady part of your tank for a few days while you reevaluate lighting settings.

My settings are below. I don't go to 100 on any setting. I start with a higher C in the morning than many would expect, but that's so I can better inspect everything, but A and B take over rather quickly. I've only increased peak A&B less than 3 points in two months, don't really play with C. I have increased the time from 10 and a half to now 11 as many suggest 12, but I don't know if I will go all the way to 12.

1- 8:30
A-1 B-1 C-10

2- 14:30
A-68 B-69 C-28

3- 19:30
A-0 B-0 C-0

Its a 20 gallon waterbox so the hammers are about 15 inches from the light.

reef.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back