Reef Chasers 40 Days of Reefsgiving!! WIN a Red Sea XL 525 (valued at $3,000+)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
October 27 - Check out the Coral Guides at Reef Chasers' website. Tell us something you learned or a coral guide you enjoyed reading.
Enjoyed reading the Zoa/palythoa crae guide!

Didn't know that some zoas could actually sting fish!

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
10/27: "One of the best things about Porites corals are "Christmas Tree Worm" rocks. This is when a big piece of Porites is colonized by a variety of colorful tube worms with spiraling crowns shaped like a Christmas tree, hence the name."

I've seen these in other people's tanks and they look really neat. Are the worms something that can just come with the porites? Or do they need to be added separately?

hroberge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10/27 entry, reef chasers coral guide is excellent!!! I learned that Sun coral actually needs low light levels. Learn something new everyday!

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
October 27 - I learned about Fire Anemones! I had one years ago, and never knew what it was, it stung the $#!+ out of me (seriously was like a chemical burn). It didn’t live very long, I think it’s foot was injured. But happy to finally know what it was!

Tmeyers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 27th entry.

I was given a goniastrea and was told it was Favi. But now I know better. And had no idea these dudes can eat meaty foods. Super cool. I have one of the purple and green ones and this has probably become one of my favorite corals. I have 2 frags of it glued to a ceramic skull to over take it

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 27th - Read the Duncan coral guide -- "Duncan Corals do not have any natural defenses" -- interesting.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
10/27 entry done!
Both the acropora and torch guides were good reads.

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10/27 - I enjoyed reading the rock flower guide as I am recently obsessed with these little guys!
I also liked the Hammer guide and did not know they were recently moved to the Fimbriaphyllia genus!

Spartan1218

Lost on Aisle 18
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
October 27 - Check out the Coral Guides at Reef Chasers' website. Tell us something you learned or a coral guide you enjoyed reading.

I enjoyed the Bubble Tip guide here. I'm looking to eventually have something in my tank setup to host clownfish and it would appear that I have found it. I won't be ready for anything past a FOWLR tank for a while though.

@ReefChasers I didn't realize how much information you had out on your site for coral care. It's really quite impressive!

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10-27: I read all of the coral and fish guides. I don't have a single piece I want to comment on. I appreciate there is a general guide all in one place and thank you for your effort. Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back