Reef Chili

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started feeding this to my tank and everything seems to like it, but I do have a question. It says to mix thoroughly in the container prior to adding to the tank.

Would there be any concerns with just adding the powder to the return section of a sump and letting the pump do the mixing? I have no desire to target feed so this would make it much easier.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used reef chili for a couple of years. The only negative will be the amount of nutrients you are adding with broadcast feeding, outside of that I don't see any other issue.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got pretty good turbulence on the surface of the DT. I just sprinkle it on the top.

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we've had it in an autofeeder mix-mash (about 50% by volume), positioned in our sump just before the last down baffle (chamber prior to the return pumps). so it gets sucked down and goes thru the pumps. our anthias love it, ignoring the flake and pellets.

po4 is up from .015 to .09, since installing the autofeeder.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we've had it in an autofeeder mix-mash (about 50% by volume), positioned in our sump just before the last down baffle (chamber prior to the return pumps). so it gets sucked down and goes thru the pumps. our anthias love it, ignoring the flake and pellets.

po4 is up from .015 to .09, since installing the autofeeder.
Oddly enough, this is exactly what I was hoping to do with it in anticipation of adding anthias. I want to add an automatic feed in the middle of the day to my return section and was going to add this with the pellets. I was only worried that there may be something "unknown" that required it to be mixed well prior to adding to the tank.

Thank you for posting!

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so what's reef chili made of, specifically? it should be rebranded as lyetail food, lol

we've have 20 for the past 5 months

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so what's reef chili made of, specifically? it should be rebranded as lyetail food, lol

we've have 20 for the past 5 months
lol no doubt! I like the BRS is very open with the contents.
upload_2018-8-20_15-54-32.png

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh, i should add our autofeeder is the ehiem one, we have it feeding 4x (max setting) per day, with about 10 drum turns daily, slit open to the first slot plus one half.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back