Reef Delete is a New Way to Sterilize Aiptasia and Other Pests

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To pre order please visit one of Reef 2 Reef sponsors

Premium aquatics
Saltwater aquarium
(product not up yet but contact them)
we have many other retailers taking pre orders but are not R2R sponsors so cant promote here

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the species, size and amount of time you treat it for (and distance, but that’s usually as close as poss!) small aips, cyano, flatworms, Small soft stuff usually one good 60-120s dose will do it.. but a few short ones over a few days is also enough to be leathal. The key is.. you can’t overdose!
Isn't the idea to overdose to kill them? :p

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this dangerous to corals If you accidentally target them instead? If for example aiptasia is in a zoa colony or in a Monti colony? Would this kill part of coral as well?

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this dangerous to corals If you accidentally target them instead? If for example aiptasia is in a zoa colony or in a Monti colony? Would this kill part of coral as well?
The Reef Delete comes with a "snoot" for fine targeting. However testing is ongoing to see if the RD can work with pests directly on corals.

On a slightly different topic. We now know the ITC Reef Delete successfully kills a multitude of pest, and does not spread them due to the unique design. And as ITC builds the Reef Delete portfolio of its destructive powers over Reef Pests we will post the updates.

If you have not been convinced!!!
In the video link you will see Acrossota SP in situ testing using the snoot to target around the coral 2 x 30-60s treatments. After day 6 it is staying down. Early days of course but promising addition to the kill list of the Reef Delete. Also the coral does not seem to be affected.

This is one of the Big Reef Delete winners as acrossota is a real pest for SPS keepers.

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any idea if it kills vermatids? Lol guessing it would need quite the dose to penetrate their dark shells.
At this stage anything is possible. The kill list will grow over time especially before hard launch. ITC are working on various achievements. I know a bit of a round about answer that does not really answer but the take away is there will be a kill list produced and all available data that I am allowed to publish I will.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reef Delete is a creative new approach for the eradication of aquarium pests and parasites which doesn’t use any chemicals or injection techniques to get the job done. Unlike consumable solutions of kalkwasser, lye, paste or any number of potions that reefers have concocted to try and kill unwanted reef aquarium pests, the Reef Delete…
Source

Continue reading...
Will it kill mushrooms

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it harmful to the human eye? I don't mean to directly shine at the eye but when you stare at the location the ray is pointed at?

Also can it kill sps? if yes what is the dose? (it can be a great way to stop coral touching and killing each other.)

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it harmful to the human eye? I don't mean to directly shine at the eye but when you stare at the location the ray is pointed at?

Also can it kill sps? if yes what is the dose? (it can be a great way to stop coral touching and killing each other.)
UV-C does not refract through glass. the device also comes with protective glasses simply for user reassurances plus a UV-C test card so you can test yourself for further piece of mind. every single safety is taken into account and some!

Please watch this awesome video by our friends in the UK (Dont buy from UK, its is available in the USA and Canada!!)

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So stoked! I received a few email updates the past couple days about my Reef Delete in transit. I can't wait until it arrives. I have plenty of willing test subjects in my kitchen tank.

20211221_224136.jpg

hbash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Delete is a creative new approach for the eradication of aquarium pests and parasites which doesn’t use any chemicals or injection techniques to get the job done. Unlike consumable solutions of kalkwasser, lye, paste or any number of potions that reefers have concocted to try and kill unwanted reef aquarium pests, the Reef Delete…
Source

Continue reading...
Just like a laser it only will work on what you can see to point it at. Strikes me as another expensive toy.

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like a laser it only will work on what you can see to point it at. Strikes me as another expensive toy.
I strongly suggest you read up on this. The reef delete is not even close to being anything like a laser. Lasers just burn stuff releasing spores and also do good jobs of blinding your unsuspecting cat sitting across the room! The Reef Delete uses a specific UV-C light spectrum thst changes the tissues DNA and as such kills the pest from within. As with aptasia they are attracted to UV initially they don’t see it as a threat until it’s too late and as such release little to no spores. Any released are caught within the angle of the UV-C light spread. Way off being a unsuspecting cat blinder sorry.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back