Reef Delete is a New Way to Sterilize Aiptasia and Other Pests

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I might buy a couple and start a new rental business... I just can't see a hobbyist with one tank putting out that kind of money for a tool that's not going to be used very much when the job is done. There's certainly a place for it but it's a very niche tool for sure. Kinda like that $1,000 tile saw you buy to redo a small room and never use again. When you could have paid someone $500 to do the job for you.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new power upgrade is far better and I 3D printed a little collar that holds the button down for you.
After having an aiptasia outbreak that has gotten out of hand I have decided that the reef delete may be my best option.
Did you have the previous version and got it upgraded? If so how has it done on aiptasia for you now that it is more powerful compared to before the upgrade? Pretty much all of the early reviews of it are negative because it isn’t powerful enough and the button is hard to press, but the new version seems to have addressed both of those issues. How many treatments and how much exposure does it take to eradicate aiptasia so it doesn’t come back. I don’t really want to spend the $400 on it if it doesn’t work well, but at this point I’m giving up on natural and chemical approaches.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased second version, I held it close to the astapia, left a black burnt hole on Tonga branch where it was and didn’t come back. Button easy to push.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had version one and sent it away for free upgrade. Far better now and like I said printed a collar to hold button down for me. I think it’s called autopilot.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was easy to hold the button down, probably 90 seconds or longer, I saw the black mark on the rock. I was very close to the aiptasia when I started.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back