Reef Loving Dog Owners

Lissa1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 years is a heck of a run for a bigger dog. No thoughts of another dog?!? I don’t want to think about what losing one of our dogs would do to the kids, but at the same time, I don’t think I can ever “not” have a dog again
It took us two years after we lost our Rottweiler Dice to get another...We actually created what we though would be an impossible scenario to find (Male-standard poodle- around 2 years old) ...We found him lol. It takes time.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah this hospital was the second place we went to already. Our main vet sent us there as her was not equipped to do much. pulmonary hypertension was all they said. They didn't know the cause. He is breathing now and doing well except he's still not eating. We go to another vet tomorrow. Even just some anti nausea medication. They did xrays so its not tumors or anything like that. I've been feeding him ensure through a syringe. Well "dogsure"
he didn't make it. I lost my best friend and my little white shadow over the weekend.
IMG_0005.JPG

Last edited:

AZG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b027bc6aa1f7565e1e12b2d24fcd6ae1.jpg

This is my best bud Louie!

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he didn't make it. I lost my best friend and my little white shadow over the weekend.
IMG_0005.JPG
I had to put my dog Reilly down yesterday. This was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. She was only 4 years old and her kidneys were shutting down. Then come home and try to avoid the question from my 3 year old daughter “where’s Reilly’s” as I’m a sobbing mess.

A1FF557B-6F41-469A-B634-4F797532FEC8.jpeg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to put my dog Reilly down yesterday. This was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. She was only 4 years old and her kidneys were shutting down. Then come home and try to avoid the question from my 3 year old daughter “where’s Reilly’s” as I’m a sobbing mess.

Sorry for lost. Bummer

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

wow yeah that's awful. Looks like we lost our buddies on the same day. He died yesterday at 2am, luckily no kids to make it worse but it's still amazingly difficult. The house feels so empty with out my Spencer. I see his dog beds all over. Yes beds, he had 6. He had arthritis and needed to rest often. I miss his sounds he would make to get my attention. I don't miss how much he was suffering though. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and everyone who has lost someone recently. Life is so hard and I can't wait for mine to be over.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back