Reef moonshiners program

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats because part C is in a mag solution right?

It has magnesium in it but high consumption tanks will usually still need to dose straight magnesium once in a while. So far, neither of my tanks have needed magnesium supplementation when using Part C

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has magnesium in it but high consumption tanks will usually still need to dose straight magnesium once in a while. So far, neither of my tanks have needed magnesium supplementation when using Part C
In two years you haven't needed to add magnesium while using part c and doing no water changes?

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello everyone. I just started the moonshine method (3) days ago. I had some major issues with my first test. I was all over the place with my numbers. But after a few emails and sharing my ATI test with @PSXerholic, I am well on my way to recovery. I am about to send off for my 2nd ATI test and expect great improvement from the 1st test. Acro’s have started to make a recovery from a color standpoint. Looking forward to the continued success. Will keep everyone posted. And thank you @Biggestfish for helping with my questions as well and I look forward to receiving my frag pack soon.
You’re welcome!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20230326_114616_Brave.jpg

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to brightwell but my boron crept up so I’m back to Randy’s original 2part mix.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do t have facebook. That is by my choice but it stinks that there isn’t info as bountiful here. But it’s all good, I’ve been in it for a little over a year so the tank is somewhat dialed in. Still mediocre colors for be at best, but I have good growth. Not sure the correlation.
has anyone used the RM water test kits instead of API? The 17$ flat rate shipping makes me not interested. I already hate needing To buy only 1 bottle for $20 and having to pay 17$ in shipping. I wish there was shipping options. But it is what it is, overall I cannot complain with some of the results in the tank the last year.

corey

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do t have facebook. That is by my choice but it stinks that there isn’t info as bountiful here. But it’s all good, I’ve been in it for a little over a year so the tank is somewhat dialed in. Still mediocre colors for be at best, but I have good growth. Not sure the correlation.
has anyone used the RM water test kits instead of API? The 17$ flat rate shipping makes me not interested. I already hate needing To buy only 1 bottle for $20 and having to pay 17$ in shipping. I wish there was shipping options. But it is what it is, overall I cannot complain with some of the results in the tank the last year.

corey
I'm sticking to ATI for now, as I really don't see a difference with any ICP testing in this regard or at least for our purposes. I think the "new" test allows for other trace elements to be tested?

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent my first ati water test off Wednesda.
Should I just order the daily’s to have here ?
I would order everything and extra fluorine, depending on the size of your tank could determine the amounts. Shipping is the same no matter what you order so best to order once. More than likely you will need to make adjustments to a few things.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt order everything. And I’m glad I didn’t. last month my tank needed 72ml of flourine, 7ml molybdenum, and my dailies were 0.08ml iron, 0.18ml of cobalt and chromium. It varies tank to tank.

corey

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not all the dailies. The fluoride varies depending on substrate and tank yes, but ask Andre it's the most commonly used element with the highest volume used in almost every tank. If you didn't order everything the first time don't worry you will end up placing a second order with 19.99$ shipping again. they are only 500ml bottles so even if you use 72ml a month thats a little over 6 months of use, idk how long you plan on doing this but Andre says with proper storage these elements can last a very long time. I noticed when I started dosing fluoride the demand for it went up in the first few months I made a second order of just that but I also have two systems using it, and still require monthly corrections of it . I have about 4 unused bottles on the shelf ready to go, im glad I ordered extra.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that isn’t all the dailies. I just said they are the only dailies I have had to dose in my tank for 4 months or so.
But, I know all tanks are different.

corey

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just yesterday sent out for testing. Gonna give the shine program a shot

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back