reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Jean-Pierre Renaud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice i did not have to redo all the setup !!

upload_2018-2-27_17-33-49.png

upload_2018-2-27_17-34-10.png

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Where's the config file saved in Pi? I want to modify an "equipment" name without having to delete the whole equipment via the web interface.

Jean-Pierre Renaud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
call me crazy but not having a favicon in the tab in the website is making me crazy lol
i am trying to do a favicon icon and save it to the root of the website in the assets folder but i can't make it appear, any idea ?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the config file saved in Pi? I want to modify an "equipment" name without having to delete the whole equipment via the web interface.
reef-pi configurations are not stored in file, they are stored in a database (boltdb, located at /var/lib/reef-pi/reef-pi.db) . The only way to update existing equipment name is to use the API. reef-pi API allows all updates, its just the fact that I have not got the time to implement update feature in UI (should be done sometime in future).

Here is an example of updating a equipment with ID 1
Code:
# get existing equipment details
curl -u reef-pi:reef-pi http://10.0.0.17/api/equipments/1 > test.json
## edit test.json to change the name
# update
curl -u reef-pi:reef-pi -X POST -d @test.json http://10.0.0.17/api/equipments/1

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going forward all new things in reef-pi wi
call me crazy but not having a favicon in the tab in the website is making me crazy lol
i am trying to do a favicon icon and save it to the root of the website in the assets folder but i can't make it appear, any idea ?
LOL, it will require code change, the http server in reef-pi is written in go and individual path (in this case /favicon.ico) has to be explicitly wired to serve specific content , in this case an image/icon.

I can add this , its a simple thing to do. It will be helpful if i get some suggestion /example reef-pi icon .

Jean-Pierre Renaud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going forward all new things in reef-pi wi

LOL, it will require code change, the http server in reef-pi is written in go and individual path (in this case /favicon.ico) has to be explicitly wired to serve specific content , in this case an image/icon.

I can add this , its a simple thing to do. It will be helpful if i get some suggestion /example reef-pi icon .

Thanks, i just spent 2 hours trying to make all kind of favicon and moving them around LOL
no matter what i did never made it happen hahaha

now i see why, i was looking for the reef-pi root, i found Home.html and played with it

but i now understant why it's not working hehe

i was comparing my Octoprint PI3 to understand how it was working,

i have this in the octoprint home page

<title data-bind="text: title">OctoPrint</title>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/static/img/tentacle-32x32.png">
<link rel="mask-icon" href="/static/img/favicon.svg" color="#56BE37">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="/static/img/apple-touch-icon-114x114.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="/static/img/apple-touch-icon-144x144.png">

this would make a funny icon
octopus.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should be able to test this with reef-pi, in place of float valve or phjotoelectric sensor. no extra configuration or code is required. all of these sensors give digital output (kinda switch, 1 or 0).

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0989.JPG
could always go simple. Have to run out so only spent 5 minutes adding text to a path in photoshop on top of free clipart i reduced the number of colors present.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very very nice :) . Couple of things:
- The image has to be at max 48x48 pixel
- If we are using any established brand logo, (like raspberry pi) we need their explicit permission or at least research if this is allowed. The same goes for anything that might way to resembling to an existing brand logo,
I have added the code for favicon and a very advance logo, made by yours truly :) , we can update it soon as we find a better alternative, and we can experiment with it till we hit 2.0, after that, its kinda permanent,

View attachment favicon.png

Gary G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this thread man 182 pages lol is there any cliff notes?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this thread man 182 pages lol is there any cliff notes?
What are you looking for? This thread is the history of reef-pi development :0) you can use it to seek help with your build or for general enquiry around reef-pi (or to read through its history)
If you are trying to build a controller start here: https://reef-pi.github.io/general-guides/
the same website also gives some overview of what all reef-pi can do, Its always a bit outdated, since reef-pi is under heavy development, and the website is updated after the newer feature has been tested stable and we know the details of all the electronics, assembly etc

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back