reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting,
I am planning to drive the dosers with ph probe feedback at the end.
I think the rj11 based control works same as kessil controller. But not sure. Is this a jebao doser ?
I plan to implement programmability (this is similar to feed mode) as part of the 2.0 release. I am still brain storming on the type of interface.

What salt you went with?

Yes the jebao doser which by their own literature is not meant for controller use.

Salt is DD h2ocean bought from marine depot. About the same parameters as the blue bucket from red sea when mixed to 35ppt.

ReeferMadness88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DFA7FE07-645E-4182-9236-5E23AEB254AC.jpeg
Someone is super happy to have a Reef-Pi Perch to enjoy some through the glass hunting lol ignore the cloudy water, just dosed the tank but this is definitely his new favourite spot

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have cut a new release of reef-pi , 1.4.
This release contains couple of important changes:
  1. pH sub- system. reef-pi now has ph monitoring capabilities. Users can now add ph probes (more than one), calibrate them through the UI, and configure them to monitor tank ph at a fixed interval and alert based on it. This new subsystem likely to see some changes, like equipment control based on ph etc. But anyone wants to monitor ph, should be up and running.
  2. Camera sub module received a lot of new updates. Notably an image browser UI and streaming video UI using motion.
There is no doc on the new features yet, they;ll come in due time, if you are planning to use any of them, let me know , I can share some details, but they should be intuitive mostly. pH probe details are mostly covered by atlasscientific documents itself
release builds can be found in usual location: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases/tag/1.4

ReeferMadness88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I have cut a new release of reef-pi , 1.4.
This release contains couple of important changes:
  1. pH sub- system. reef-pi now has ph monitoring capabilities. Users can now add ph probes (more than one), calibrate them through the UI, and configure them to monitor tank ph at a fixed interval and alert based on it. This new subsystem likely to see some changes, like equipment control based on ph etc. But anyone wants to monitor ph, should be up and running.
  2. Camera sub module received a lot of new updates. Notably an image browser UI and streaming video UI using motion.
There is no doc on the new features yet, they;ll come in due time, if you are planning to use any of them, let me know , I can share some details, but they should be intuitive mostly. pH probe details are mostly covered by atlasscientific documents itself
release builds can be found in usual location: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/releases/tag/1.4
Awesome! Thanks for the continued support and build. Time to order some pH supplies. Just the chip and probe?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thanks for the continued support and build. Time to order some pH supplies. Just the chip and probe?
At a minimum
- pH probe
- ezo circuit
- Famale bnc connector

Its good to have some sort of calibration solution, does not necessarily have to be atlas scientific ones.. I think the probe can also be from different verndor, but I have not tried anything else yet, so cant confirm. ezo circuit have to be from atlasscientific, thats the part reef-pi depends on.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the pH kit, which comes with probe+ezo+bnc connector + 3 calibration solution + storage solution and cost 180$. I have not checked how much each of them individually will cost. After couple of months of testing, I 'll try to build a cheaper version (probably swap out probe and bnc connector) that will bring down the cost to below 100$.

ReeferMadness88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a couple China probes that I threw into my last order. I’ll pick up a ezo chip for sure, probably the atlas probe as well to reduce the risk of it not working ha

Jean-Pierre Renaud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
At a minimum
- pH probe
- ezo circuit
- Famale bnc connector

Its good to have some sort of calibration solution, does not necessarily have to be atlas scientific ones.. I think the probe can also be from different verndor, but I have not tried anything else yet, so cant confirm. ezo circuit have to be from atlasscientific, thats the part reef-pi depends on.

Do I have to buy an EZO circuit for each ph probe?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, i was reading that page exactly lol

another question.. i did the mistake of not writing down all my GPIO pins, and my PI3 is kinda in a no reach place lol
can i find the info on waht GPIO i have on what relay with a ssh command before i wipe it all off ?
reef-pi UI should show them
Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 2.08.35 PM.png

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a screenshot of mine version 1.0

upload_2018-2-27_17-11-38.png
Hmm.. can you run this command
Code:
curl -u <user>:<password> http://<reef-pi IP>/api/outlets
change user name, password , and IP to your setup, for example
Code:
curl -u ranjib:password http://10.0.0.17/api/outlets

Should show the pin numbers

Jean-Pierre Renaud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got it working !
[{"id":"13","name":"AC1","pin":6,"equipment":"39","reverse":true},{"id":"14","na me":"AC2","pin":5,"equipment":"37","reverse":true},{"id":"16","name":"AC3","pin" :19,"equipment":"36","reverse":true},{"id":"22","name":"AC4","pin":13,"equipment ":"38","reverse":true},{"id":"23","name":"LED 1","pin":21,"equipment":"34","reve rse":true},{"id":"24","name":"LED 2","pin":20,"equipment":"35","reverse":true}]

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
I went with the pH kit, which comes with probe+ezo+bnc connector + 3 calibration solution + storage solution and cost 180$. I have not checked how much each of them individually will cost. After couple of months of testing, I 'll try to build a cheaper version (probably swap out probe and bnc connector) that will bring down the cost to below 100$.

When you're free can you take a pic of the ph setup on your perma board/breadboard? Thanks!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back