reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (DIY)' started by Ranjib, Feb 10, 2017.

1. theatrus

theatrus Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I expect your driver to drop out as you’re still on the v1 firmware. Will get you an updated board :)

2. Ranjib

Ranjib Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

I am polling the probe every minute. There’s no way I can update the firmware ? I’d hate to see you paying for any more on this :-(.
    Thank you for all you do .

3. AquaRaider44

AquaRaider44 Active Member

How do I fix this issue? Somehow I checked the https when checking the box for notifications and saved it and can now not access the web server.

crusso1993 and Ranjib like this.
  4. theatrus

theatrus Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Sadly, not in the beta units from the Pi. If you want to tool up for the firmware replacement, you need:
    a) A debug probe that can talk ARM SWD. There are a lot of options depending on platform, as its a pretty popular target. Note that the software needs to support the SAMD10/SAMD11 core. The $18 J-Link is a good bet: https://shop-us.segger.com/J_Link_EDU_mini_p/8.08.91.htm
    b) A TagConnect "No Legs" 6 pin cable: http://www.tag-connect.com/TC2030-CTX-NL

I personally use a JLink Ultra+, but thats spendy and overkill for these tiny units :)

5. ChrisNH

ChrisNH Member

I have reached the point in the adafruit power controller guide where I am putting in the Buck Converter. The pictures are a bit different then the wiring diagram. Is there any implication to doing the builds down the road for doing it one way vs the other?

crusso1993 and Bigtrout like this.
  6. Ranjib

Ranjib Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

Repeating what I shared via pm:

7. Ranjib

Can you be more specific on the differences you are noticing ?the schematics are similar but not exact due to just physical convenience (like closer /proximity for builds) or ease of drawing /illustration (for schematics)

8. Johan Fe Scheepers

Johan Fe Scheepers Member

Hi,

My temp reading stop responding after a day or so, I have to stop reef-pi, rest DB and restart reef-pi.

Any ideas?

cat /etc/debian_version

Version: 2.0.0-rc3
    Github: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi
    Copyright © 2018 Ranjib Dey
    Status
    Current time: Wed May 15 07:42:22

crusso1993, Bigtrout and Ranjib like this.
  9. Ranjib

Do you have anything under Configuration -> errors section ?

10. Ranjib

Reporting back on the status of ph drivers, after two days of continuous running the pico board driver encountered i2c error, as @theatrus had suspected.
    A6697F9A-6BA7-45C3-B101-4B9955EE8117.png
    Overall their output are very similar,
    91B9971F-497B-423A-A368-3DF9B6CA763B.png
    Notice the flat line on graph after the pico board error

crusso1993, Tom Bishop and Bigtrout like this.
  11. Bigtrout

Bigtrout Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Very nice, im anxiously awaiting the ph driver for the reef pi ph board, have the board mounted and wired, see it on i2c bus, just need to buy a probe when the driver support gets added to reef pi!

crusso1993 likes this.
  12. sector9

sector9 Member

I am trying to compile a beta version of reefpi from the Github so I can test out my pH board. I was previously able to compile by own .deb file back before version 1.0. However, I am now running in to the following error when I try to run "make ui-dev" or "make deb"

Code:
    Jeremys-MBP:reef-pi Jeremy$ make ui-dev
    npm run ui-dev

> reef-pi@1.0.0 ui-dev /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi
    > npm run translations && ./node_modules/.bin/webpack -d --watch

> reef-pi@1.0.0 translations /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi
    > node ./build/translations/csv-json.js

Generating Json resources files from CSV
    ----------------------------------------
    Parsing de.csv
    Parsing en.csv
    Parsing es.csv
    Parsing fa.csv
    Parsing fr.csv
    Parsing hi.csv
    Parsing it.csv
    All translations have been successfully generated
    /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/webpack-cli/bin/cli.js:265
                   throw err;
                   ^

Error: EACCES: permission denied, unlink '/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/ui/favicon.ico'
        at Object.fs.unlinkSync (fs.js:1061:18)
        at rimrafSync (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/rimraf/rimraf.js:306:17)
        at /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/rimraf/rimraf.js:342:5
        at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
        at rmkidsSync (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/rimraf/rimraf.js:341:26)
        at rmdirSync (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/rimraf/rimraf.js:334:7)
        at Function.rimrafSync [as sync] (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/rimraf/rimraf.js:304:9)
        at /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/clean-webpack-plugin/index.js:166:16
        at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
        at CleanWebpackPlugin.clean (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/clean-webpack-plugin/index.js:92:15)
        at CleanWebpackPlugin.apply (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/clean-webpack-plugin/index.js:212:20)
        at webpack (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/webpack/lib/webpack.js:37:12)
        at processOptions (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/webpack-cli/bin/cli.js:256:16)
        at yargs.parse (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/webpack-cli/bin/cli.js:373:3)
        at Object.parse (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/yargs/yargs.js:567:18)
        at /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/webpack-cli/bin/cli.js:49:8
        at Object.<anonymous> (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/webpack-cli/bin/cli.js:375:3)
        at Module._compile (module.js:635:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:646:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:554:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:497:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:489:3)
        at Module.require (module.js:579:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/webpack/bin/webpack.js:163:2)
        at Module._compile (module.js:635:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:646:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:554:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:497:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:489:3)
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 1
    npm ERR! reef-pi@1.0.0 ui-dev: `npm run translations && ./node_modules/.bin/webpack -d --watch`
    npm ERR! Exit status 1
    npm ERR!
    npm ERR! Failed at the reef-pi@1.0.0 ui-dev script.
    npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/.npm/_logs/2019-05-15T22_19_34_413Z-debug.log
    make: *** [ui-dev] Error 1 
    The log file mentioned shows the following output:
    Code:
    0 info it worked if it ends with ok
    1 verbose cli [ '/usr/local/bin/node', '/usr/local/bin/npm', 'run', 'ui-dev' ]
    2 info using npm@6.9.0
    3 info using node@v8.9.3
    4 verbose run-script [ 'preui-dev', 'ui-dev', 'postui-dev' ]
    5 info lifecycle reef-pi@1.0.0~preui-dev: reef-pi@1.0.0
    6 info lifecycle reef-pi@1.0.0~ui-dev: reef-pi@1.0.0
    7 verbose lifecycle reef-pi@1.0.0~ui-dev: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
    8 verbose lifecycle reef-pi@1.0.0~ui-dev: PATH: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/node-gyp-bin:/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/.bin:/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/.rbenv/shims:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/local/go/bin:/Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS:/usr/local/go/bin:/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/go/bin:/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/bin:/bin
    9 verbose lifecycle reef-pi@1.0.0~ui-dev: CWD: /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi
    10 silly lifecycle reef-pi@1.0.0~ui-dev: Args: [ '-c',
    10 silly lifecycle   'npm run translations && ./node_modules/.bin/webpack -d --watch' ]
    11 silly lifecycle reef-pi@1.0.0~ui-dev: Returned: code: 1  signal: null
    12 info lifecycle reef-pi@1.0.0~ui-dev: Failed to exec ui-dev script
    13 verbose stack Error: reef-pi@1.0.0 ui-dev: `npm run translations && ./node_modules/.bin/webpack -d --watch`
    13 verbose stack Exit status 1
    13 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/index.js:301:16)
    13 verbose stack     at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    13 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:214:7)
    13 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/lib/spawn.js:55:14)
    13 verbose stack     at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    13 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
    13 verbose stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:925:16)
    13 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:209:5)
    14 verbose pkgid reef-pi@1.0.0
    15 verbose cwd /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi
    16 verbose Darwin 15.6.0
    17 verbose argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "run" "ui-dev"
    18 verbose node v8.9.3
    19 verbose npm  v6.9.0
    20 error code ELIFECYCLE
    21 error errno 1
    22 error reef-pi@1.0.0 ui-dev: `npm run translations && ./node_modules/.bin/webpack -d --watch`
    22 error Exit status 1
    23 error Failed at the reef-pi@1.0.0 ui-dev script.
    23 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
    24 verbose exit [ 1, true ] 
    I found the following Stackoverflow link https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30744964/what-does-the-elifecycle-node-js-error-mean but I haven't been able to get reefpi to compile. Any thoughts from those who are more knowledgeable?

13. Ranjib

The error is stemming from the fact that javascript code is not able to remove a file, and hitting a permission issue.
    Here is the specific error:
    Can you try deleting it manually? Can you tell us little about your development setup? Does "make clean" work ?

14. sector9

sector9 Member

OK thanks. I ran "sudo chown -R" on the whole directory and it fixed that error, but now I am running in to a new error that seems to be

Code:
    Jeremys-MacBook-Pro:reef-pi Jeremy$ make
    make go
    go build -o bin/reef-pi -ldflags "-s -w -X main.Version=3.0.0-alpha-1-50-g5d2d5ee"  ./commands
    make build-ui
    npm run build

> reef-pi@1.0.0 build /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi
    > npm run translations && ./node_modules/.bin/webpack -d

> reef-pi@1.0.0 translations /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi
    > node ./build/translations/csv-json.js

Generating Json resources files from CSV
    ----------------------------------------
    Parsing de.csv
    Parsing en.csv
    Parsing es.csv
    Parsing fa.csv
    Parsing fr.csv
    Parsing hi.csv
    Parsing it.csv
    All translations have been successfully generated
    clean-webpack-plugin: /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/ui has been removed.
    Hash: aaacab544822ca16e3a6
    Version: webpack 4.14.0
    Time: 6661ms
    Built at: 2019-05-15 20:09:29
                                     Asset       Size  Chunks             Chunk Names
    assets/js/main.442ce373397fa9835186.js   5.94 KiB    main  [emitted]  main
                               favicon.ico   3.69 KiB          [emitted]  
                                 home.html  378 bytes          [emitted]  
    Entrypoint main = assets/js/main.442ce373397fa9835186.js
    [./front-end/src/entry.js] 1.88 KiB {main} [built] [failed] [1 error]

ERROR in ./front-end/src/entry.js
    Module build failed (from ./node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js):
    Error: Couldn't find preset "es2015" relative to directory "/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/front-end/src"
        at /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/options/option-manager.js:293:19
        at Array.map (<anonymous>)
        at OptionManager.resolvePresets (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/options/option-manager.js:275:20)
        at OptionManager.mergePresets (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/options/option-manager.js:264:10)
        at OptionManager.mergeOptions (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/options/option-manager.js:249:14)
        at OptionManager.init (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/options/option-manager.js:368:12)
        at File.initOptions (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/index.js:212:65)
        at new File (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/index.js:135:24)
        at Pipeline.transform (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/pipeline.js:46:16)
        at transpile (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:50:20)
        at Object.module.exports (/Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/gospace/src/new/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:173:20)
    Child html-webpack-plugin for "home.html":
         1 asset
        Entrypoint undefined = home.html
        [./node_modules/html-webpack-plugin/lib/loader.js!./front-end/assets/home.html] 456 bytes {0} [built]
        [./node_modules/webpack/buildin/global.js] (webpack)/buildin/global.js 489 bytes {0} [built]
        [./node_modules/webpack/buildin/module.js] (webpack)/buildin/module.js 497 bytes {0} [built]
            + 1 hidden module
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 2
    npm ERR! reef-pi@1.0.0 build: `npm run translations && ./node_modules/.bin/webpack -d`
    npm ERR! Exit status 2
    npm ERR!
    npm ERR! Failed at the reef-pi@1.0.0 build script.
    npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /Volumes/HDD/Users/Jeremy/.npm/_logs/2019-05-16T00_09_29_489Z-debug.log
    make[1]: *** [build-ui] Error 2
    make: *** [bin] Error 2 
    I am using a macbook pro with El Capitan

My output from "make clean" is the following:
    Code:
    Jeremys-MacBook-Pro:reef-pi Jeremy$ make clean
    rm -rf *.deb
    rm -rf dist
    rm -rf ui
    find jsx -iname __snapshots__ -print | xargs rm -rf
    find: jsx: No such file or directory
    find . -name '*.db' -exec rm {} \;
    find . -name '*.crt' -exec rm {} \;
    find . -name '*.key' -exec rm {} \; 
    Thanks so much for your help

Ranjib likes this.
  15. Zippyfear

Zippyfear Member

Did a 30 percent water change today, it was REALLY nice to be able to watch a live view of the temperatures thanks to Reef-Pi! :)

TankTemp.PNG

16. Ranjib

Im using Macbook with Mojave. Whats your node version? Did you run `npm i` to install all node moduels? are you following the standard development guide? if thats incorrect, i'd love to improve it

17. Johan Fe Scheepers

Johan Fe Scheepers Member

May 16 06:38:56
    temperature sub-system. Failed to read sensor Tank. Error:eek:pen /sys/bus/w1/devices/28-01142fe85df6/w1_slave: no such file or directory

May 16 06:39:25
    temperature sub-system. Failed to read sensor Room. Error:eek:pen /sys/bus/w1/devices/28-000006c810af/w1_slave: no such file or directory

18. Zippyfear

Zippyfear Member

ReefPi-Mem.PNG Was this memory issue addressed somewhere as to a cause or resolution? This is Reef-Pi 2.3

Ranjib likes this.
  19. Ranjib

Your temp sensor is not being detected, either to botched or some connection is wrong . Do you have any backup sensor that you can use for testing ?

crusso1993 likes this.
  20. Ranjib

We expect the memory to grow due to in-memory usage data retention, let’s watch how this plays out for next couple of weeks, if it reaches 70% , issue a reload and see what happens

crusso1993 and Zippyfear like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted