reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have to install gpio zero if you weny with raspian lite

sudo apt install python3-gpiozero

Then the command pinout will give you the pinoutd
I Dont remember lite being attached to the raspian i downloaded but i guess the only way to find out is to try huh!

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
{"error":"Failed to create. Error: GPIO Pin 29 is not valid"} | HTTP 500

HELP what happened. GPIO pin 29 and up can not be added. it was working
Which version of reef-pi? Check if it’s not being used already

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on your phosphate or nitrate levels? Thanks for the other parameters.

I assume you mean aquavitro reef fuel which is made by seachem and is a blend of trace elements and aminos. Interestingly I have been using Seachem reef plus and seachem reef trace and combined these have the same ingredients and close to same totals as aquavitro reef fuel which is made by seachem. The aquavitro reef fuel is much more expensive though almost double for the same volume!

Also just ordered some Benereef as I was low on reef roids. I like how it includes vitamins and stuff in the food seems interesting.
Have not checked nitrate and phosphates for ages. Yes, aquavitro fuel .

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first 3d printed enclosure. Almost half the size of my past enclosures. The modeling took almost 4 hours (still learning), and the lid is not designed yet . Still happy with it :)
148FD8EF-2100-43AD-94F9-79456491DDA6.jpeg

Ryan115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first 3d printed enclosure. Almost half the size of my past enclosures. The modeling took almost 4 hours (still learning), and the lid is not designed yet . Still happy with it :)
148FD8EF-2100-43AD-94F9-79456491DDA6.jpeg
Aren't 3D printers great! Nice job.

I have been meaning to post some images of the case I printed for mine.
One thing I did implement on it was a removable panel that all of the connectors go through. With that, if I ever need to change the connector layout, it is a quick print without having do re-do the entire case.
The panel has thin edges that sit in a grove in the sides of the case.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't 3D printers great! Nice job.

I have been meaning to post some images of the case I printed for mine.
One thing I did implement on it was a removable panel that all of the connectors go through. With that, if I ever need to change the connector layout, it is a quick print without having do re-do the entire case.
The panel has thin edges that sit in a grove in the sides of the case.
They are awesome. With the printer being so great now it’s the modeling part that will have a long learning curve :) .
It will be awesome if you can thibgiverse your designs :) . I’ll start publishing mine ones soon ..

janos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,running my Reef Pi for ~2 year long no problem with but i think it is time to build a new.Like to have PH ORP and if it is possible a better Temp sensor.My sensor have 1.6 F different from any another sensor.So never know for sure what is the real temp.Would be very expensive to buy lab grade sensor to show the real temp.Any comprehensive tread or build i could go to read.? Thank you

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,running my Reef Pi for ~2 year long no problem with but i think it is time to build a new.Like to have PH ORP and if it is possible a better Temp sensor.My sensor have 1.6 F different from any another sensor.So never know for sure what is the real temp.Would be very expensive to buy lab grade sensor to show the real temp.Any comprehensive tread or build i could go to read.? Thank you
I have not tested orp yet. Then reef-pi ph board should support orp as it is, but we don’t have done any UI work till now , so you have to configure it as ph probe . The temperature subsystem will support calibration soon, and that should address your temperature accuracy issues. I am happy to hear that it has given you some value for two years

BenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you calibrate the tempsensor you will need a Standard or reference that is accurate.
Maybe melting ice that is 0 degrees Celsius can be used.

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib

Well i think i have a bug. Ive experienced this a couple times. I noticed today that my lights were not changing in intensity. Not sure when it started everything else is working fine. So i test to make sure the pca was getting signal from pi. It was.
Well maybe my pca9685 is bad put a new one on still nothing. Well let me go delete it and re add it. Well i forgot to delete the jacks before deleting the driver.

The picture is what i get now under the connectors tab. Cannot get past it unless i delete database and start over. Ideas?

D11E36A7-5F67-487F-B52D-15C0A18CFA1E.png

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I was hoping someone can help me with PWM stuff. I can't seem to figure out how to make it work using reef pi. Here's what I've done. I did a fresh install. Noobs 3.1.1, reef pi 2.4. I updated everything before I installed reef pi. I went into config.txt and configured the pwm by adding code into the text. I am using the raspberry and I get this code and nothing works, thanks for the help

20190705_215048.jpg

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I was hoping someone can help me with PWM stuff. I can't seem to figure out how to make it work using reef pi. Here's what I've done. I did a fresh install. Noobs 3.1.1, reef pi 2.4. I updated everything before I installed reef pi. I went into config.txt and configured the pwm by adding code into the text. I am using the raspberry and I get this code and nothing works, thanks for the help

20190705_215048.jpg
Can you reboot ? And if the issue persist share the log

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib

Well i think i have a bug. Ive experienced this a couple times. I noticed today that my lights were not changing in intensity. Not sure when it started everything else is working fine. So i test to make sure the pca was getting signal from pi. It was.
Well maybe my pca9685 is bad put a new one on still nothing. Well let me go delete it and re add it. Well i forgot to delete the jacks before deleting the driver.

The picture is what i get now under the connectors tab. Cannot get past it unless i delete database and start over. Ideas?

D11E36A7-5F67-487F-B52D-15C0A18CFA1E.png
Yes, if I understand correctly this is a bug related to missing validation, reef-pi should not allow deleting drivers without deleting the associated connectors

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back