reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Regarding the reversible macro .. I think someone just asked what it is and what the use of it. I'll explain it a bit here, and I hope I'll remember to add it in the docs:
- A macro is a linear set of step. Each step can be a wait step or an action step, where action stands for on/off (boolean) against a reef-pi entity (equioment, temperature controller, light, timer etc). On/Off can be interpreted as enable/disable in some of the cases
- A reversible macro is a property that allows user to explicitly declate the macro as safe to run in reverse mode. Such a macro can be treated as on/off entity and hence can be used inside another macros. Macro that are not reversible (i.e. reversible property is not checked in by users) will throw runtime errors.
- A reversible macro acts like normal macro in on state (normal triggers). In off state, the macro steps are replayed in reverse order and all actions steps work in reverse fashion. I,e. if a time was enabled, it will be diabled in reverse mode.... the wait state acts as same. Macros are triggered in off mode only by timers and other macros.

With all these mentioned, remember its a really new feature capable of doing great automation as well as great mayhem, if not careful. We'll be testing this heavily to do complex tasks like salt water mixing, water change, automated photography etc etc. So test it thoroughly and use it judiciously

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

Bigtrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Have had the new release up and running since early afternoon... and so far no other bugs other than the light reloading bug. And system resource usage also looks good. In fact its lighter than 3.0 alpha and 2.5. Im using,4 lighting channels, 3 temp sensors, 2 temp controllers, a ph probe and 8 equipment outlets amd a few macros. On a pi zero w im at 7 percent memory and .15 system load and holding steady!

Soulreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
do you mean macros does not work with lights? Macros dont interface with connectors (outlets , jacks, inlets etc) and only work via their consumers (light, equipment, ph, ato etc).
previously I would use a dosing pump for several injections a day and use the macro function to do the job, but it hasn't worked.;)

hopefully in the future this function can be added ..
several hour3.jpg

Thank you very much

OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
previously I would use a dosing pump for several injections a day and use the macro function to do the job, but it hasn't worked.;)

hopefully in the future this function can be added ..
several hour3.jpg

Thank you very much
Purdon me, Im having some difficulty understanding the issue. The dosing system is used for dosing, what the macro is being used for? Im asking because unless i understand it will be hard for me to say if it will be solved by 3.0 features

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Guess my waterproof temperature probe wasn’t waterproof after all. Seems the DS18B20 worked great for 8 months reading air temp. After being in the tank for about 2 hours it started reading 262 degrees ! Pretty sure the tank isn’t boiling lol! Anyhow , after pulling it out and drying overnight it now reads air temp correctly. Anyone else have something similar happen ? I ordered a replacement. I am running reef-pi 2.3 for what its worth.

Bigtrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Guess my waterproof temperature probe wasn’t waterproof after all. Seems the DS18B20 worked great for 8 months reading air temp. After being in the tank for about 2 hours it started reading 262 degrees ! Pretty sure the tank isn’t boiling lol! Anyhow , after pulling it out and drying overnight it now reads air temp correctly. Anyone else have something similar happen ? I ordered a replacement. I am running reef-pi 2.3 for what its worth.
I have the drok temp sensors with the nice red rubberized cable jackets and mine have been going since last year with no problems. I am freshwater though so no corrosion issues

AbjectMaelstroM

View Badges
Reaction score
Dipped/coated mine with silicone and its been great.

Bigtrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Could you share the product you used ?
Thanks
Yes here they are:

Good quality insulation. The sensors have been spot on accurate. I bought 4 and all 4 are within .1 degrees of each other and accurate against a calibrated sensor from work. And the stainless is quality and double crimped to the cable. The cables are also shielded.

AbjectMaelstroM

View Badges
Reaction score

Bigtrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome news! Wish I was home to test it today, will have to wait until Sunday though.
So far so good! I loaded 3.0 release last night and everything running smoothly!

Now when @Ranjib gets a bit of time I need to learn how to get into the lighting profiles the ui dont show yet.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes here they are:

Good quality insulation. The sensors have been spot on accurate. I bought 4 and all 4 are within .1 degrees of each other and accurate against a calibrated sensor from work. And the stainless is quality and double crimped to the cable. The cables are also shielded.
GE 1 silicone

Also the probes that I have are the ones @Bigtrout linked. Very accurate, I have 3. Two are within 0.1 of each other one is within 0.3.

Thanks guys! When you said dipped in silicone I was thinking something comparable to Plasti Dip. I think the idea of heat shrink tube and seal up the edges with silicone it a solid approach.

AbjectMaelstroM

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks guys! When you said dipped in silicone I was thinking something comparable to Plasti Dip. I think the idea of heat shrink tube and seal up the edges with silicone it a solid approach.
Yeah that's what I did. Heatshrink over the crimp then dipped in silicone. Overkill? Probably, but I'll never have to worry about water penetration.

OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can someone make or like a guide to do pH calibration via the UI then reset the values so the graph looks right
I’m in process of updating the guides , so may be a couple of days at max till you have that in adafruit.

https://www.omegasea.net/

Where do you go in case of a real reef tank emergency?

• Me, myself and I

Votes: 226 43.6%
  • Local Friend

Votes: 47 9.1%
  • Reef2Reef

Votes: 198 38.2%
  • Other

Votes: 47 9.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors