reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, yeah! Glad to put another name to a forum handle.

During my pre-launch phase, I had a sign-up page that entered people to win a free Leviathan board. Another Reef2Reef member who's actually already dealt with Reef-Pi won that, had no idea who he was when I drew the name! I'd tag him, but not sure he wants his handle tied to his real name.

I was just glad it went to someone who knew exactly what they were getting & how helpful it would be, rather than someone who just signed up for something they had no clue about because it might be free, lol.
DM and ask?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still on 3.0. The calibrate button work for us using pico boards, yes?
It should be . I’m not running ph probe on pico board , the one that I have has some firmware issue and I never updated. Currently I have one ezo and several reef-pi ph board (made by Roberto , Michael and Jonathan ) . They all work fine. Since the core is same , it should work assuming the ph driver itself is working. Can you post a screenshot , I’ll see if I can reproduce in dev mode or with other builds

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be . I’m not running ph probe on pico board , the one that I have has some firmware issue and I never updated. Currently I have one ezo and several reef-pi ph board (made by Roberto , Michael and Jonathan ) . They all work fine. Since the core is same , it should work assuming the ph driver itself is working. Can you post a screenshot , I’ll see if I can reproduce in dev mode or with other builds

I haven't attempted to calibrate yet. I'm getting the same readings I did last time before I was able to calibrate it. Insane numbers in the negatives. The driver from the pre-alpha version I was using prior functioned just fine, so I assume it still works, but the calibration function was not ready yet in that release.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't attempted to calibrate yet. I'm getting the same readings I did last time before I was able to calibrate it. Insane numbers in the negatives. The driver from the pre-alpha version I was using prior functioned just fine, so I assume it still works, but the calibration function was not ready yet in that release.
Probably, insane negative number in the range of -20k or -9k or -3.5k is as expected depending upon which board you are using and whether it’s attached to a probe and if the probe is in the tank

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably, insane negative number in the range of -20k or -9k or -3.5k is as expected depending upon which board you are using and whether it’s attached to a probe and if the probe is in the tank

Yeah, it's attached to the board, and the probe is in the tank still. Current pH, -2699. LOL.

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The calibration function worked perfectly. Thank you!

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just heard back from him, @b4tn won the board :)

Now I am a little confused... Was there two? ;Nailbiting
Untitled (2).png

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, yeah! Glad to put another name to a forum handle.

During my pre-launch phase, I had a sign-up page that entered people to win a free Leviathan board. Another Reef2Reef member who's actually already dealt with Reef-Pi won that, had no idea who he was when I drew the name! I'd tag him, but not sure he wants his handle tied to his real name.

I was just glad it went to someone who knew exactly what they were getting & how helpful it would be, rather than someone who just signed up for something they had no clue about because it might be free, lol.

dang, I guess it wasn't me then! LOL

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I am a little confused... Was there two? ;Nailbiting
Untitled (2).png

Lol, no. I have absolutely no idea how I wound up tagging the wrong persono_O I'm running on very little sleep this week dealing with the Kickstarter launch. Been getting about 3 hours of sleep less than usual each night.

You definitely won the drawing, @NeonRabbit221B . But hey, if @b4tn could use one too, it's on me. Sorry for the mix-up!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, no. I have absolutely no idea how I wound up tagging the wrong persono_O I'm running on very little sleep this week dealing with the Kickstarter launch. Been getting about 3 hours of sleep less than usual each night.

You definitely won the drawing, @NeonRabbit221B . But hey, if @b4tn could use one too, it's on me. Sorry for the mix-up!

Hey, now that I think about it a little, I think I received a message telling me I won... lol ;Hilarious

DirtDiggler2823

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back