reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Barclay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE = "NeonRabbit221B, post: 7361477, membro: 124537"]
Domanda sul dosaggio ... Ho impostato le mie pompe di dosaggio per la guida molto tempo fa e sembra che dopo l'aggiornamento delle pompe non funzioni più al contrario ... Se cambio l'apparecchiatura associata, funziona sempre nella stessa direzione ... Giuro di aver già usato questa funzione in questa build fisica. Probabilmente sto riscontrando un problema di cablaggio? L'uso di PCA per controllare tutte e 4 le pompe e tutte e 4 hanno lo stesso problema.
[/ CITAZIONE]

HI, excuse me for my English..., please can you show me your 4ch doser? I have seen the adafruit guide, but I see only 2 channel. Can you send me a link in this thread where I can see a 4 channel doser? Thank you

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE = "NeonRabbit221B, post: 7361477, membro: 124537"]
Domanda sul dosaggio ... Ho impostato le mie pompe di dosaggio per la guida molto tempo fa e sembra che dopo l'aggiornamento delle pompe non funzioni più al contrario ... Se cambio l'apparecchiatura associata, funziona sempre nella stessa direzione ... Giuro di aver già usato questa funzione in questa build fisica. Probabilmente sto riscontrando un problema di cablaggio? L'uso di PCA per controllare tutte e 4 le pompe e tutte e 4 hanno lo stesso problema.
[/ CITAZIONE]

HI, excuse me for my English..., please can you show me your 4ch doser? I have seen the adafruit guide, but I see only 2 channel. Can you send me a link in this thread where I can see a 4 channel doser? Thank you

Hi Barclay

Welcome

The adafruit guide is for 2 x channel doser built from scratch.

The 4 channel dosers people are typically using are the Jebao DP4S slave doser.

@Michael Lane makes a very nice adaptor board to hook that doser up with little to no wiring.

They work especially well with his HAT board, but can be connected to any PCA 9685 board.

Last edited:

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib and others that might be playing with ATO's and Macros.

I've been playing a bit with getting an ATO to excecute a Macro. Jut thought I'd report back what I've found :

1. When you change the "Control" box from "Equipment" to "Macro", I would exect the "Control Pump" box to change to "Choose Macro" or "Run Macro" or something similar. The drop down options do change to the available Macros, but it could create a bit of confusion. I certainly wondered why it was still referring to "Control Pump", even though I soon realised the Macros to choose from were in there.
  2. When changing the "Control" box back to "Equipment", the "Control Pump" box automativally seems to select a random item in the list of available equipment. I don't think it should do this. I think it should default to "None" until you choose what you want to have controlled. In my case it defaults to AWC Out. I'm sure this could be a disaster if the wrong outlet was selected by the system as default.
  3. Finally, the Big One. As a test, I created a Macro that turns my skimmer off for 3 seconds and then back on and then set this Macro to be activated by my normal level float switch. Immediately, it activated and kept repeating . I made sure that the float was in the "off" position, but the Macro kept repeating. Did a few tests and basically the Macro keeps triggering no matter the position of the of the float switch. I then made the Macro reversible like you have to with Timers triggering Macros and Macros triggering Macros, but keep getting the same result. I have done multiple Reloads to make sure any system settings have taken effect, but I keep getting the same result. Macro just keeps repeating regardless of position of float switch. I've also tried reversing the Input connector, but no dice.
Hope at least number 3 can be fixed as I have a cunning plan for this feature :D

scottrotton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a few of these laying around will they work with reef pi?

sonoff 4ch

—-

If not I’ll buy the tp link kasa if they work?
kasa power boards

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a few of these laying around will they work with reef pi?

sonoff 4ch

—-

If not I’ll buy the tp link kasa if they work?
kasa power boards

When last I checked with @Ranjib , the Sonoff weren't compatible, but the TP Link Kasa do work.
****** Edit - I think the TP Link Kasa units work******

Dave's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I have a question. It may be a dumb one but I am having issues connecting to my reef-pi from another device on the network I tired my phone and a table both when I type in the afternoon i get a blank white screen. I'm sure I'm missing something super stupid. Thanks in advance

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I have a question. It may be a dumb one but I am having issues connecting to my reef-pi from another device on the network I tired my phone and a table both when I type in the afternoon i get a blank white screen. I'm sure I'm missing something super stupid. Thanks in advance
You may need to ssh into the pi and restart reef-pi

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^Michael's right. With so many different lights out there, it's hard to say for sure if it would be compatible. But as long as it uses the same control, it should be compatible.

While I've got you here @Michael Lane , I've had some people ask about hooking your PWM converter into the Leviathan board. I couldn't find much info or documentation on exactly how your board is working, so I hoped you could shed some "light".

I had thought I'd be able to feed in a 5V PWM signal to one set of Ch1/2 connectors & get the analog voltage as an output on the paired analog output. However, I'm not getting any voltage output at all. Is there a good guide somewhere I can read on using the converter board?

The Mars Aqua converter doesn't have too much going on. It basically just filters the pwm signal to get an average analog value, boost it to a 10v range, and passes that signal on to the light. It also compares that signal to a threshold to see if the light should be turned off (but continues to pass the analog signal out).

1587509428013.png

If you aren't seeing any output signal, then it could be missing the ground connection or power. This thread has more details, but it's basically just plug in the Mars Aqua connector and provide PWM and GND signal to the inputs.

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried those style outlets initially but they don't work well with Australian plugs. Australian plugs do fit in these sockets, but it's an extremely tight fit. I thought the first batch were just off by a mm or something so i tried 2 more batches from different sellers and all were the same. All were extremely tight and the plugs had to really be forced in. They do work though once the plugs are in, it's just not easy to get them back out again. So I guess since most people don't plan to unplug things often they should be fine but I would still advise against them, especially as there are better options now like the wifi boards.

I might have missed it but is anyone able to shed some light on what the requirements for wifi power boards are? As long as they use the IEEE 802.11b/g/n protocol will they work (as long as they are not locked by the manufacturer)?
The wifi power strips must be compatible with specific protocols. At this time, reef-pi supports some DLI, Shelly 1 and 2.5, and TP-Link HS 103, 110, and 300 outlets. Other systems, like espurna and Tasmota aren't supported yet.

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing thanks, i'm also a UI designer so once up and running may build a dark mode if anyone would be interested let me know
We'd love to have support for themes. It's been on the backlog from time to time, but just hasn't been done yet. I'm happy to help if you have any programming questions about reef-pi.

scottrotton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'd love to have support for themes. It's been on the backlog from time to time, but just hasn't been done yet. I'm happy to help if you have any programming questions about reef-pi.

I use react and noticed you guys also use react but have no backed experience in GO progrmaing language.

Here is my very rough idea let me know what you think thanks

ReefPI.png

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wifi power strips must be compatible with specific protocols. At this time, reef-pi supports some DLI, Shelly 1 and 2.5, and TP-Link HS 103, 110, and 300 outlets. Other systems, like espurna and Tasmota aren't supported yet.

I purchased one of the hs300 units, I like the concept but not sure I like the no security thing, I need to dig into it some more and understand how it works, but it appears you only need to be on the local network to control it. Would be nice if they had a way of verifying the request coming if etc, thinking of sticking it on my IOT network which has limited or no access outbound or to my lan. Need to do some more reading on how it works but currently it appears to be ip:9999 and you can do stuff. Here is one of the better article that digs into how it works, not up to date with a current firmware but does go into a lot of detail in how they work - TP-asa outlets

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V3 Full image
V3.png
That looks really good (although I like the solid black background better). It's quite a bit more than just a theme though. On the other hand, the dasboard UI could use a bit of love. reef-pi already has api endpoints that can support many of the data elements you have on this mock up.

I can help with some of the backend go code to expose more data if you take a swing at this. I never know how my available time is going to change, but the key would be to start small and make incremental improvements.

Dave's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if it is possible to use reef-pi on any tablet that has chrome browser on it? I am able to use it with a monitor hooked into the PI so I know it is up and running I can also connect via my desktop but when I try on my phone or a tablet I just get a blank white screen.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back