reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I wire external thermostate and where? Hire is shematics of my ac. At home I have one 24v but I need to get 220v version..I think... thank you!

9C332A0C-4D78-4C41-AAC9-8BCB52F7BE24.jpeg EC65B2AF-F1B6-4680-9B66-629693B4A995.jpeg
I don’t think so. You need drivers for this. I have a sensi thermostat driver that I’m playing with... but I doubt there’s any common solution that we can offer

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I have been away. Here is a screenshot of my dashboard where I have left the mouse hovering over one of the positions, instead of being in red to show an "off" device, it shows in grey but only while the mouse is over it otherwise it disappears. Devices show in green when on, as normal.
Also as mentioned my temperature graph wont update, I have to do Admin/Reload to get it to show the current data.
Thanks.

Dashboard.jpg
Dashboard.jpg
Yup, this is a charting bug that was introduced inadvertently during last release , when we updated the chart library . We have made a workaround /fix that will be available in next release.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Kasa HS300 and added it to my network. I can control it through the app, but nothing else.
I cannot ping it.
I get the following error whenever I try to add the driver:

6/13/2020, 4:33:27 PMUIERROR{"error":"Failed to create. Error: dial tcp 192.168.1.183:9999: i/o timeout"} | HTTP 500

Signal is strong and I have tried re-adding it twice.

t.
If you are not able to telnet on that ip/port then it’s likely not reef-pi issue.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have performance/responsiveness issues with the webUI?

im finding it locks up, takes a long time to load the graphs on dashboard and doesn’t respond to clicks on the equipment, macros etc... but then sometimes 10min later the thing I wanted to trigger kicks off (like feed mode macro).

edit: running 3.4 on a rpi2b (is that the problem, old hardware?)
Any rpi, including zero and 2/1 is more than enough for running reef-pi. So hardware (in terms of processing power) should not be An issue. Check sd card

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you...I will try and get a different HS300 and see what happens.
If the power strip is working I think you should try to cross check the IP. If it’s networking related different unit will not solve the issue , I think

t951

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib,
I have verified the IP on the router, and it matches the one on the Kasa app.
I have installed a demo version of HomeSeer software and it immediately picked up the powerstrip.
I believe that since the error occurs so fast it is happening on the reefpi or raspberry side.
The devices are in the same broadcast domain / subnet.
Is it possible that I have this issue because I still have the power outlets defined in reef-pi on the ML pi-hat? Can you have too many ports?
I am considering reinstalling raspbian and reef-pi all over again. (I am on v3.4 of reef-pi).
I have also tried different names for the driver (Kasa, HS300, KasaPowerStrip) to ensure that it wasn't a potential naming issue.
Reloads/reboots have resulted in no difference.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
t.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I wire external thermostate and where? Hire is shematics of my ac. At home I have one 24v but I need to get 220v version..I think... thank you!

9C332A0C-4D78-4C41-AAC9-8BCB52F7BE24.jpeg EC65B2AF-F1B6-4680-9B66-629693B4A995.jpeg
That schematic says the unit has a room temperature sensor and a display unit with a bunch of wires going to it, are you sure that you cannot set the temperature there?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib,
I have verified the IP on the router, and it matches the one on the Kasa app.
I have installed a demo version of HomeSeer software and it immediately picked up the powerstrip.
I believe that since the error occurs so fast it is happening on the reefpi or raspberry side.
The devices are in the same broadcast domain / subnet.
Is it possible that I have this issue because I still have the power outlets defined in reef-pi on the ML pi-hat? Can you have too many ports?
I am considering reinstalling raspbian and reef-pi all over again. (I am on v3.4 of reef-pi).
I have also tried different names for the driver (Kasa, HS300, KasaPowerStrip) to ensure that it wasn't a potential naming issue.
Reloads/reboots have resulted in no difference.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
t.
Don’t reinstall anything , if you really want to get to the bottom of the problem .
can you reload reef-pi without rebooting pi ? And share the ip (ifconfig output ) of the pi ,

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That schematic says the unit has a room temperature sensor and a display unit with a bunch of wires going to it, are you sure that you cannot set the temperature there?
Reef-pi has to know the protocol to do so , I think

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Past few weeks i am controlling a bunch of solenoids (from adafruit ) with 3/5 faucet for drip irrigation . Not much to show , since most of the control is timer based (have not hooked up soil moisture sensor yet, but that’s in progress ), but here are some cool flower from the garden
Dalphinium
4D230391-BBBB-4008-AD73-FFCA91AEF7D1.jpeg

dahlias perennial and annual

F42A6FAD-E6EB-4A76-B807-6CB508671A32.jpeg

69BD68F6-2CAC-41B9-9197-04532B72D021.jpeg

Assorted Peruvian lily

0E614E68-2DE4-4074-BFE9-629D8CC85286.jpeg

AA32F88D-1658-40AA-AB09-01AB75784D49.jpeg

t951

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib,

I was able to reload again...which seems to always work.
Here are the screenshots....you will see that the IPs are on the same network, same subnet
You can see that the router IP matches both the Kasa IP on the app and both show the same MAC address.
Thank you again for the guidance...
t.

router_kasa.jpg kasa_mac_nw.jpg pi3ifcfg.PNG rpi_ip.jpg

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up on adafruits new terminal block for the DB-9!

-MerlyN-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranjib,

I was able to reload again...which seems to always work.
Here are the screenshots....you will see that the IPs are on the same network, same subnet
You can see that the router IP matches both the Kasa IP on the app and both show the same MAC address.
Thank you again for the guidance...
t.

router_kasa.jpg kasa_mac_nw.jpg pi3ifcfg.PNG rpi_ip.jpg
When you say reload again, do you mean it works when you reload ? Or it still does not work. The network/subnet etc looks ok to me. If the reload works, it means you have to just add a line in systems unit file to make sure reef-pi waits till network is up.

t951

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say reload again, do you mean it works when you reload ? Or it still does not work. The network/subnet etc looks ok to me. If the reload works, it means you have to just add a line in systems unit file to make sure reef-pi waits till network is up.
When I hit reload, everything appears to be functioning as I click on it. Is there a different way to ensure all services are running? I wait until the reef-pi app is up before adding the driver. The reef-pi was running over 24 hours today when I tried to add the driver...still same error.
Where is the systems unit file, and what can I do to edit it?
Can I manually specify the IP and force it?

Thanks,
t

Matevz Savarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I can but that means that ac needs to operate whole day. I want to be abble to set it that it turns on when temp rises to set number.now I recive email from pi that room temp is 27 and then I turn ac on with iphone app.. I want that this is done automaticaly. with digital thermostate I would set it to 27 on and at 24 off..hope I am making sense..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back