reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

AquaKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What controller do you have and which reef-pi version are you running? I wonder if the connectors aren't setup correctly. Here's the link for the manuals, find the one for your controller, then in the manual go to the PWM ports page and at the bottom will be the pin numbers. For what it's worth also go to the admin tab in reef-pi and press the reload button, maybe that will sort it out.
It's the latest robo tank, pi zero w 2 (as the deluxe package). Reef pi 5.2. Attached is the setting on the pins, matches the manual. Have reloaded/rebooted multiple times. It's weird that channel 1 is fine but the rest are constant 10v no matter what I do. I've tried the 3.5mm plugs and the screw terminal pins too, same behavior.

Screenshot_2022-06-18-21-41-06-21_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

AquaKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the latest robo tank, pi zero w 2 (as the deluxe package). Reef pi 5.2. Attached is the setting on the pins, matches the manual. Have reloaded/rebooted multiple times. It's weird that channel 1 is fine but the rest are constant 10v no matter what I do. I've tried the 3.5mm plugs and the screw terminal pins too, same behavior.

Screenshot_2022-06-18-21-41-06-21_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
One other thing I just noticed, channel 1 outputs 10v at max. Ch 2-8 outputs 12v with no change based on changing inputs in reef pi. The dip switches also have no effect on ch 2-8.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thing I just noticed, channel 1 outputs 10v at max. Ch 2-8 outputs 12v with no change based on changing inputs in reef pi. The dip switches also have no effect on ch 2-8.
Hmm, seems a little strange as 2 channels share a circuit. Could you start a new thread for this, maybe copy and paste these posts, I'll make up a diagram for with some points to check voltage and will post it there.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant to post this some time ago, I still like the DJ8 power strips and they were getting harder and harder to find but low and behold it looks like that is just one of many. It appears that the relay strip is actually made for many other labels, here are some other alternatives, same thing different name:

Eliminator Ez-8
Chauvet SR-8
Ness SP-RP8
Elation SRP8

I am sure there are others and sometimes if searching on ebay 8 channel relay pack will give you more options, just thought I would pass this along for anyone looking for options. :)

p.s. these are near as nice as the one's Rob puts together and sells but still an option.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant to post this some time ago, I still like the DJ8 power strips and they were getting harder and harder to find but low and behold it looks like that is just one of many. It appears that the relay strip is actually made for many other labels, here are some other alternatives, same thing different name:

Eliminator Ez-8
Chauvet SR-8
Ness SP-RP8
Elation SRP8

I am sure there are others and sometimes if searching on ebay 8 channel relay pack will give you more options, just thought I would pass this along for anyone looking for options. :)

p.s. these are near as nice as the one's Rob puts together and sells but still an option.
What I meant to say was that these powerstrips are NOT near as nice as @robsworld78 robotank outlets but they do work. :)

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was playing with my macro lens after a long time....
coco worm ...
DSC_0700_01.jpg

another type of feather duster (forgot the name), one of my favorite
DSC_0685.jpg

myagi tort
DSC_0684.jpg

colors are very subdued by some reason, it looks much brighter in color (blue )
red milipora .
DSC_0719.jpg

alveopora
DSC_0718.jpg

planning to start setting up more pico tanks. now that most of the house work has settled, and post pandemic life is settling in.. i am thinking i should at least start the other tanks. I have the space and all the spare hardware.. theres no point in keeping all those things in shelves. ..and some of the corals in the main display tank will soon need some pruning, which i can use as started corals for the new tanks.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you just strip the ends off of these and wire them directly?
i connect the 12v power supply directly through these barrel jack connectors. They are either controlled by reef-pi via kasa. And recently for couple of setups i am directly wiring them through float switch (no reef-pi, no network dependency).

Wolfw28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My robo tank reef pi comes in Saturday and I'm excited. What pump do you guys use for auto top off?
My robo tank reef pi comes in Saturday and I'm excited. What pump do you guys use for auto top off?

Awesome little pump same pump used by
JBJ

Dual Sensor Nano Auto Top Off - JBJ​

great no problem with lift 5-6ft no problem haven’t tried any higher after buying one form Amazon I bought 4 more from AliExpress for around 5buck a piece. Submersible also

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick UI suggestion. When you go to calibrate the pH probe, you should be able to do the 7, hit done, then come back and do the 10 when you're ready. I wasted a whole set of calibration fluids today by not knowing that. The calibration fluids for the probe I'm using come in packets and you just set the probe in the packet - so I can't have jars setup before hand.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick UI suggestion. When you go to calibrate the pH probe, you should be able to do the 7, hit done, then come back and do the 10 when you're ready. I wasted a whole set of calibration fluids today by not knowing that. The calibration fluids for the probe I'm using come in packets and you just set the probe in the packet - so I can't have jars setup before hand.
I didnt get it, how this led to waste of the calibration fluid? can you elaborate? The ph module is a general purpose one and can be used with any analog sensor. As long as we can keep that semantics possible any improvement suggestion is welcome

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt get it, how this led to waste of the calibration fluid? can you elaborate? The ph module is a general purpose one and can be used with any analog sensor. As long as we can keep that semantics possible any improvement suggestion is welcome

I opened a pack, calibrated 7. Hit done. Readied pack of 10 fluid, couldn't calibrate it and since it's a pouch I couldn't set it down. Had to open another package of 7, calibrate 7, and then immediately calibrate another pouch of 10.

This one doesn't use a powder mixed with ro/di to make the solution.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back