reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking about 3d printing , I have racked up a decent stock of reef-pi enclosures now :) . In the coming days I plan to improve upon this simple design to make it aesthetically more pleasant and more functional
AB467958-747B-45F6-AC52-5D8BD22DC5A6.jpeg

Next to a set
0EB6AABE-2D36-4CEF-9E77-3BED5D79EB6A.jpeg

thoeffe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can this be done with a raspberry pi 4 and is it expensive? I would love to do an ATO and a doser.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can this be done with a raspberry pi 4 and is it expensive? I would love to do an ATO and a doser.
Yes. Whether it’s expensive or not is but subjective . A simple ato might cost around 20-100$ including sensor, pi, power adapter, WiFi /relay based outlets . Since you can choose individual parts the cost can vary a lot. Pi 4 itself cost 50$ while pi zero is only 10-15$

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is v3 going to get the next release?
Around Thanksgiving . Reef-pi major release is always once a year , during thanksgiving. It’s way for us to say thanks to all of you and your support

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can it be done through the api?
The number of analog pins are fixed for individual driver. Ph boards have only one pin per driver while Kasa plugs can have one or 6 analog pin (hs110 vs hd300)

bala murugan 00500

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At present in my tank ..... when the power came back after failure, my main motor will start first after the 30 seconds my skimmers will start. when my skimmer starts at the time of the main pump ... my skimmer starts to over glow due to water level ... at present to make the 30s delay I'm using time delay relay. ... is there any way I can do this with reef pi. I'm having a separate relay for main motor and skimmer

apocalipse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I installed reef-pi.
Looking in the files of the github, I noticed that there were translation files. I would like to put in French reef-pi. How to do?
Thank you in advance for the help you will give me!
sorry for my english, it's a google translation!

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At present in my tank ..... when the power came back after failure, my main motor will start first after the 30 seconds my skimmers will start. when my skimmer starts at the time of the main pump ... my skimmer starts to over glow due to water level ... at present to make the 30s delay I'm using time delay relay. ... is there any way I can do this with reef pi. I'm having a separate relay for main motor and skimmer
You could set up a float switch and only turn on the skimmer when the float switch is in the appropriate position. This would be just like setting up an ATO, but turning on the skimmer instead of the top off pump.

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I installed reef-pi.
Looking in the files of the github, I noticed that there were translation files. I would like to put in French reef-pi. How to do?
Thank you in advance for the help you will give me!
sorry for my english, it's a google translation!
Translations are a new feature in reef-pi v3. Here is documentation for adding translations. Some of the french translation is already complete, but there are still some gaps.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me think about this, i think its a good feature to have. May be some thing along the line of introducing a fixed delay time for all outlets upon startup.

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I stopped getting notifications on this thread. @Ranjib , I've been experiencing some extreme resource utilization with the BaseBoard pH test build. Any progress on a stable build, or any information on settings I can change to relieve the system stress. Once the memory utilization gets to 60%+, rebooting via the UI is impossible.

no reboot.JPG MEM Spike.JPG

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back