reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

JT26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all the help guys ran :
sudo systemctl stop reef-pi.service
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/reef-pi/reef-pi.db
sudo systemctl start reef-pi.service

I can log in now. Have to brush up on reef-pi now. Searching for update to latest version and go back in to setup temp sensor and hs300. I'm using ML HAT and connect pi

That was easy enought got upgrade to reef-pi 3.4. now onto setting up other things

JT26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was easy e
You can stop reef-pi and use reef-pi reset-password
Too late, wipe out the db and now starting over. Now it's not seeing the temperature sensor :(

you think maybe the temperarture go out? Whats the odd of this?

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still using 3.5 mm audio jack. I have seen aviation connectors having good rapport. Robotank and few others are using jst type connectors .

Yeah I am using JST-SM connectors for all of my connectors, some are using mini-xlr and some are using aviation connectors. So far I really like the JST-XM connectors but depening on how you do things might require a crimper. I would forget about the reset of the pi if you pull out a temp sensor, no issues with the JST connectors or other style connectors, plenty options to choose from.

:)

cnidus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes . Don’t delete driver without deleting its references . It will cause mayhem. I’m trying to fix that in future release . Reef-pi will not allow deleting an entity that’s being used
I ended up deleting equipment on hs300a, deleted the driver, Re-added it and then changed connectors to use the new driver, reset up everything after that. All working now.

I don’t think it was a simple network race condition, since the other hs300 was actually working.

It would be good to have some sort of ‘driver status’ and ‘retry connection’ or something to help with drivers that are attaching to network connections in the future though.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ended up deleting equipment on hs300a, deleted the driver, Re-added it and then changed connectors to use the new driver, reset up everything after that. All working now.

I don’t think it was a simple network race condition, since the other hs300 was actually working.

It would be good to have some sort of ‘driver status’ and ‘retry connection’ or something to help with drivers that are attaching to network connections in the future though.

That's strange that it's dropping out and something to watch for. I'm running a 303 and 103s on my QT setup and it's been running 24/7 for about two months now. *knock on wood*

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i was hopping someone could give me some advice on how to get my ph probe working. Ive had my system running for a while but never got the ph working. I have a blue acro pico board a pinpoint ph probe and im running 3.3.1. I started and couldnt figure it out its been several months and i'm trying again!

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i was hopping someone could give me some advice on how to get my ph probe working. Ive had my system running for a while but never got the ph working. I have a blue acro pico board a pinpoint ph probe and im running 3.3.1. I started and couldnt figure it out its been several months and i'm trying again!

You can try the instructions from @MichaelLane here - might help.

EL_HARVEY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, I’m struggling to get a dosing unit going. I set up a pi zero setup following the dosing guide but the guide I have found is dated. I’m on the new pi03.4 version and everything works till I try to save a new pump. When I hit save I get 2 immediate “404 page not found | HTTP 404” errors and the pump fails to save. I don’t understand the error msg so it’s super difficult to diagnose. I can’t tell if this is a problem with the jack setup(I think it’s odd that the pins in the jack setup are 0 and 1 vs a PIN number but I’m not that familiar with PWM setups,) the reef pi version difference, 3.4 software, or I’f there’s something wrong with the wiring/setup on the proto board. Any help will be very appreciated. Meanwhile I’m going to find some python code to see if I can get the pumps working outside Reef-pi to make sure the wiring is all correct.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, I’m struggling to get a dosing unit going. I set up a pi zero setup following the dosing guide but the guide I have found is dated. I’m on the new pi03.4 version and everything works till I try to save a new pump. When I hit save I get 2 immediate “404 page not found | HTTP 404” errors and the pump fails to save. I don’t understand the error msg so it’s super difficult to diagnose. I can’t tell if this is a problem with the jack setup(I think it’s odd that the pins in the jack setup are 0 and 1 vs a PIN number but I’m not that familiar with PWM setups,) the reef pi version difference, 3.4 software, or I’f there’s something wrong with the wiring/setup on the proto board. Any help will be very appreciated. Meanwhile I’m going to find some python code to see if I can get the pumps working outside Reef-pi to make sure the wiring is all correct.
Can you share a screenshot of your dosing screen and connector screen ?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which version of pico board you are using ? I have not been able to test pico board ph functionality due to firmware issues with the board I have. Cross check with @theatrus . I don’t know very many people who have it running , which makes it hard for me to know for sure if it’s working at all in the wild .

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which version of pico board you are using ? I have not been able to test pico board ph functionality due to firmware issues with the board I have. Cross check with @theatrus . I don’t know very many people who have it running , which makes it hard for me to know for sure if it’s working at all in the wild .
It says rev D on the board

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if theres supposed to be a link? I was looking at the git hub and found a fix for the pico board but did not know how to to use it. Not sure what environment is needed.

Ooops

Litserv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to access my Reef-Pi installation from the web using SSL. I'm used to use DDNS, portforwarding in my router to the servers in my LAN and an public certificate issued by Letsencrypt.

With Reef-Pi I face an issue:

pi@reefpi:~$ sudo letsencrypt

leads to:

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Certbot doesn't know how to automatically configure the web server on this system. However, it can still get a certificate for you. Please run "certbot certonly" to do so. You'll need to manually configure your web server to use the resulting certificate.

I could run "certbot certonly", but I don't know how and where to install the generated the certificate.

Any hint from somebody more experienced than me? Thanks!

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooops

Hey thanks for your help!
Check this out.
20200607_154510.jpg

What is the ph board??? When I tryed to get it working before I made the driver and added it but I could never get the ph reading to change.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this out.
20200607_154510.jpg

What is the ph board??? When I tryed to get it working before I made the driver and added it but I could never get the ph reading to change.

That is a little above my pay grade. Maybe @Michael Lane or @theatrus can give some input.

brian2kgt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having some trouble with my temp sensors. Running 3.3.1. Every couple days I will get an email alert with the following error for each sensor,
Temperature sensor failure. Error: First line of device file does not end with YES
When I go to reef-pi and check the Temperature tab the sensors are gone from the drop down and I get the errors,
temperature sub-system. Failed to read sensor Water. Error: open /sys/bus/w1/devices/28-032097790dbb/w1_slave: no such file or directory
temperature sub-system. Failed to read sensor Air. Error: open /sys/bus/w1/devices/28-032097794205/w1_slave: no such file or directory
Usually a power cycle will fix it and it will be fine again for a couple more days. I thought it was the 3.5mm audio jack so I wired it direct a couple days ago but it just did it again tonight. Any thoughts? Thanks.

narkotix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

Pro tip (or in my case stupid amateur mistake!) - do not fully immerse the PH probe like i did for the last week. I was getting consistently low PH readings (sulphuric acid level readings that my fish were living in of course ;Woot) but when i would put my probe in tap water it would read fine. I thought I had a ground leakage thinking the worst that it could kill my tank/me so i started turning off and on outlets with no result. I then thought to recalibrate which proved fruitless. In the end, it was me putting in more media in my sump thus forcing me to readjust the probe to above water which magically made my problem disappear.

This may not apply to all ph probes but the typical black looking ebay ones are not sealed at the top. I am going to order another one anyway incase it causes an issue in the future but its got me motivated to make a probe holder from spare acrylic i have to make sure it goes in right alongside my temperature probe.

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this out.
20200607_154510.jpg

I'm not really sure about the pico board ph since I haven't used it. Based on the driver code, I believe you should use pico-board driver, and 0x75 hex address might be the ph address, which should be entered as 117 (decimal) in reef-pi.

Matevz Savarin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all sudenly I have a problem with adafriut io, I only get ato and system feeds. I deleted them , created new key and its same. If I turn off atofeeds I get system feeds and thats it, so its not 60s time related. Feeds are greyed out. No temp no nothing.. is there something changed?
sensors are all recognized by the names and thats all there is..What can I do? Thank you!

3A94A1EE-D522-456D-833A-F6B75C020838.png 63A3445E-7C35-4FF3-8897-29DA1123F3EE.png E40730A2-AAA1-4C3A-ACB1-BD203BFEA5D5.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back