reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib

Unable to access Kaza HS303 via reef-pi

I get this error when trying to access is thru the reefpi GUI..

{"error":"Failed to update. Error: can't update 18 - can't get output pin"} | HTTP 500

I have the following version::

"sw_ver": "1.0.10 Build 200828 Rel.162602",
"hw_ver": "1.0",
"model": "KP303(US)",

Version: 4.1-11-g2f5dd6e2
Github: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi
Copyright © 2021 Ranjib Dey
Status
Current time: Sun Feb 14 15:24:05
Uptime: 4 days ago
IP: 10.167.15.10

EDIT*** seems to be only an issue with versions after the official 4.1 build.

Last edited:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense to what it's doing then. Although I don't recall it losing power around that time. Might have been a bad dip that caused it.

I'm on version 4.1
I know it is old but you may want an rtc board so time is always correct

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you guys mind sharing your grafana boards?
Looking for a bit of inspiration.
Sorry about the delay, mine is still a work in progress so nothing really to share. I am also trying to tie in my stats from my network also so just haven't had time to finish things up yet. My main goal is just to replicate the dashboard since grafana keeps the data longer and I can trigger alerts etc and since its running on another vm it doesnt consume resources on the pi. I will post when I get further along...:)

Alaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Is there a guide on how to setup MQTT in reef pi and communicate with home assistant, i did i search but came back empty.
Thanks

RJDaPirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help from the masses. I believe I’m having a DNS issue but my inexperience prevents me from finding a solution.

I’m building a Reef-Pi Setup (with Leviathan Hat). My current roadblock is that I cannot access the configuration site’s URL http://Leviathan.local or from the IP address 192.168.30.xx. The Pi in question is behind a vLAN but I’ve tried hardwiring it to the primary LAN and had the same problem.

I can ping the IP from multiple computer with my home network. Just cannot access said Pi via any web browser.

Current Network setup:
Unifi USG
Unifi Cloud Key 1
Multiple Unifi Switches
Multiple Unifi APs
Pi-Hole running on Raspberry Pi
(Which I can access via http://xxxx.local or via IP address from the Reef Pi browser.)

I have Google DNS and PiHole but to be honest I am having trouble understanding the problem and therefore cannot determine the solution.

Mwdsonny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help from the masses. I believe I’m having a DNS issue but my inexperience prevents me from finding a solution.

I’m building a Reef-Pi Setup (with Leviathan Hat). My current roadblock is that I cannot access the configuration site’s URL http://Leviathan.local or from the IP address 192.168.30.xx. The Pi in question is behind a vLAN but I’ve tried hardwiring it to the primary LAN and had the same problem.

I can ping the IP from multiple computer with my home network. Just cannot access said Pi via any web browser.

Current Network setup:
Unifi USG
Unifi Cloud Key 1
Multiple Unifi Switches
Multiple Unifi APs
(Which I can access via http://xxxx.local or via IP address from the Reef Pi browser.)

I have Google DNS and PiHole but to be honest I am having trouble understanding the problem and therefore cannot determine the solution.
have you tried to temp disable pihole and see if it works? I know some apps on my phone wont load through pihole, so i have to 5 min disable launch and the it works even when pihole restarts.

RJDaPirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried to temp disable pihole and see if it works? I know some apps on my phone wont load through pihole, so i have to 5 min disable launch and the it works even when pihole restarts.
I tried for a few minutes. Will try longer this evening.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1613064268872.png

1613064317979.png

1613064346189.png

New data is written inbetween old data instead of at the very right, the graph then flickers back and forth between new and old data. Happens every time i reboot the pi. If i reboot it again, all previous data is magically sorted again, but the newly arriving one will be broken again. After some time in the range of an hour or two, the problem stops, and new data is appended at the right again.

Same exact behaviour at the same exact timings is happening in health, temperature, and ph graph as far as i can tell. Others had this problem as well iirc.
I know exactly what is going on. Because of memory optimization reason, reef-pi metrics storage (such as the charts you shared) is stored in a ring buffer (a data structure that uses constant memory, so reef-pi's memory footprint stay within bounds), but this looses the order of data (time wise). When this data is first returns its sorted, but the updates are then not sorted, just added at the next available slot, which causes this issue. This whole thing happens on-demand, in memory (of the browser that you are using), and not in disk/pi. The data is stored inside reef-pi db is actually not sorted, just stored as ring, as it is. I'll go through the code and clean it up soon as i can

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib

Unable to access Kaza HS303 via reef-pi

I get this error when trying to access is thru the reefpi GUI..

{"error":"Failed to update. Error: can't update 18 - can't get output pin"} | HTTP 500

I have the following version::

"sw_ver": "1.0.10 Build 200828 Rel.162602",
"hw_ver": "1.0",
"model": "KP303(US)",

Version: 4.1-11-g2f5dd6e2
Github: https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi
Copyright © 2021 Ranjib Dey
Status
Current time: Sun Feb 14 15:24:05
Uptime: 4 days ago
IP: 10.167.15.10

EDIT*** seems to be only an issue with versions after the official 4.1 build.
Can you try reloading through command line and see if theres any error occurs
Code:
sudo systemctl restart reef-pi.service
sudo  journalctl -fu reef-pi.service

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will be awesome - The Sonoff devices are among the most accessible and affordable smartswitches here in SA.
I have went shelly exactly to avoid this :) . I'll get some sonos and do the tasmota work. Thank you for calling this out

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Is there a guide on how to setup MQTT in reef pi and communicate with home assistant, i did i search but came back empty.
Thanks
Configuration -> Telemetry -> Enable MQTT , specify mqtt broker details, address should be
Code:
host_ip:port

and other details (password, if any), and hit reload

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to do if/else statements in the macros?
No. Macros in reef-pi is not script/language based, its composed with other elements (Ato, temp controller, timers etc) which in turn encapsulate those (if/else ) logic

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Current Network setup:
Unifi USG
Unifi Cloud Key 1
Multiple Unifi Switches
Multiple Unifi APs

whagt devices are these? do they run bonjour or any analogous mdns service? Does any other .local domain works? whats the hostname of the pi? is it leviathan? I have not setup Unifi devices so cant provide the details, but i'll start with investigating how mdns/.local domains work in there (if usg is blocking those multicast things).

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Thanks
@sfgabe is the only person i know who uses haas and reef-pi. I just posted some details on how to configure mqtt, for haas check their tutorial

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have went shelly exactly to avoid this :) . I'll get some sonos and do the tasmota work. Thank you for calling this out
Thanks Ranjib. Lots of people flash the Sonoff devices with Tasmota because it offers some better functionality. And Tasmota isn't only a Sonoff thing these days. It's being used quite a bit on other devices.

Cristian2281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the buzzer as alarm implemented in the latest release? I’m building an auto water change system that will also control a solenoid to cut off the RODI when the water tank is full ( via float switch) but it would be even more fail proof if a human will also check the annoying sound.

I know it is maybe simple to have a script run at start that checks every X seconds using reef-pi API if the command to close the solenoid is issued and sound the buzzer but I’m useless at coding.

Back