reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

RJDaPirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried to temp disable pihole and see if it works? I know some apps on my phone wont load through pihole, so i have to 5 min disable launch and the it works even when pihole restarts.
Seems the Leviathan Image had an issue with the reef-pi software. I installed 4.1 via the terminal and now all is well.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems the Leviathan Image had an issue with the reef-pi software. I installed 4.1 via the terminal and now all is well.

I was about to say, I'm running all almost exactly same setup minus the cloud key (unifi controller runs off of a synology NAS, which also run pihole) and the only time had a hard time accessing my reefpi (which is a separate vlan) was when I jacked up firewall rules. :p

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody tried tried out the new EZO isolated carrier boards for ph? They’re a lot cheaper than the “old style” ones but noticed they have an SMA connector instead of BNC. Would adapting SMA to BNC effect the performance?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody tried tried out the new EZO isolated carrier boards for ph? They’re a lot cheaper than the “old style” ones but noticed they have an SMA connector instead of BNC. Would adapting SMA to BNC effect the performance?
Nope. Not tried yet. There should not be any detectable performance difference for our case. BNC are more rugged , bigger in size and allow at most 1-3k (radio) frequency, while sma is smaller, more fragile compared to bnc , but allow less water intrusion and can handle 10-25k frequency . For our use case I don’t expect to see any detectable difference

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone looked at the nicrew hyperreef lights Amazon Link? I have one and It's been ok, manual control but they have an option to be controlled by 10v pwm. Here is the screenshot with some information:

nicrew-10v.png

What I am curious about is I have a @Michael Lane mars aqua adapter that I am not using and I believe it is based on 10v, was wondering if I could use that to control the light - Mars-Aqua Since I'm not the best with electronic stuff was curious what folks think about the success of working.

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone looked at the nicrew hyperreef lights Amazon Link? I have one and It's been ok, manual control but they have an option to be controlled by 10v pwm. Here is the screenshot with some information:

nicrew-10v.png

What I am curious about is I have a @Michael Lane mars aqua adapter that I am not using and I believe it is based on 10v, was wondering if I could use that to control the light - Mars-Aqua Since I'm not the best with electronic stuff was curious what folks think about the success of working.

Should work

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a question. I have a test install 4.1, on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
I am currently just playing around to test what it can/cannot do.

I have found 2 issues alarming, but maybe it is just me.

I have set up an output to pin 21 (just a led with a resistor)
added a file input (config / drivers - file content is just one number)
added the driver to analog input and outlet accordingly
Set up an equipment using outlet (could turn on and of LED )
Set up 2 macros to turn off and on LED equipment
then went and set up a PH type sensor using this input and control 2 macros so when it is high LED on else OFF

Started to change the values and all seems to be fine at first but noticed that when the value is on the or between the Lower or Upper Threshold the LED blinks with the frequency of the "Check Frequency" in my case ever 5 sec

This means it gives a pulse every time it cheeks it but why?

2. I have started to turn on functions so I can do more tests. but there is no way to turn them off. You untick it and it comes back. Not to mention the above setup started to receive constant on status as random values on the chart started to appear above the Upper Threshold which I presume triggered the TURN on macro.

Any idea why?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a question. I have a test install 4.1, on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
I am currently just playing around to test what it can/cannot do.

I have found 2 issues alarming, but maybe it is just me.

I have set up an output to pin 21 (just a led with a resistor)
added a file input (config / drivers - file content is just one number)
added the driver to analog input and outlet accordingly
Set up an equipment using outlet (could turn on and of LED )
Set up 2 macros to turn off and on LED equipment
then went and set up a PH type sensor using this input and control 2 macros so when it is high LED on else OFF

Started to change the values and all seems to be fine at first but noticed that when the value is on the or between the Lower or Upper Threshold the LED blinks with the frequency of the "Check Frequency" in my case ever 5 sec

This means it gives a pulse every time it cheeks it but why?

2. I have started to turn on functions so I can do more tests. but there is no way to turn them off. You untick it and it comes back. Not to mention the above setup started to receive constant on status as random values on the chart started to appear above the Upper Threshold which I presume triggered the TURN on macro.

Any idea why?
The 2nd issue might be related to the issue with enabling and disabling Prometheus as the workaround for that issue actually fixed the web interface and the constant on status

The 1st issue remains the same

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to obtain the equipment values (ex temp/ph) from reef-pi command line while the system is running? db commands seems to require the service to be stopped. Thanks.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to obtain the equipment values (ex temp/ph) from reef-pi command line while the system is running? db commands seems to require the service to be stopped. Thanks.
Telemetry should do this but I haven’t tested that yet. Anyone with actual experience in this?

Alaa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sfgabe is the only person i know who uses haas and reef-pi. I just posted some details on how to configure mqtt, for haas check their tutorial
thanks
Configuration -> Telemetry -> Enable MQTT , specify mqtt broker details, address should be
Code:
host_ip:port

and other details (password, if any), and hit reload
Hi thanks for taking the time to respond to all our questions, it is really appreciated, and sorry for the late response

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my setup with the new SMA board. Only downside I can see is that if you buy another probe it will need SMA connector or use of an adapter. The probe on the Atlas site comes with SMA so it works great no adapter needed. Not sure if this is standard for all probes though. The board mounts using standoffs and a slightly oversized hole is needed - so less water proof I guess.

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef-pi #3 build under way for the 420g system I am setting up. Going to go the clean easy route and use a robo-tank instead of my own cobble together again (though no issues is several years). I did install 4.1 today on the pi and got the basic setup notifications etc done.

Looking forward to this, thinking of setting up realvnc any know issues doing so? Thanks

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef-pi #3 build under way for the 420g system I am setting up. Going to go the clean easy route and use a robo-tank instead of my own cobble together again (though no issues is several years). I did install 4.1 today on the pi and got the basic setup notifications etc done.

Looking forward to this, thinking of setting up realvnc any know issues doing so? Thanks
I would ask why do you think you would need a GUI connection to reefpi. It will support it, but really everything can be done from the cli and it will use a lot less resources. If you really want to have a gui frontend to access on the pi I would strongly recommend you look into x2go, thats just my .02 worth. It's much better from a security and resources point vs a lot of the other stuff, but i've never run it on a pi.

:)

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my setup with the new SMA board. Only downside I can see is that if you buy another probe it will need SMA connector or use of an adapter. The probe on the Atlas site comes with SMA so it works great no adapter needed. Not sure if this is standard for all probes though. The board mounts using standoffs and a slightly oversized hole is needed - so less water proof I guess.
Most ph probes are bnc based

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes . Using curl and api. Check api example for details

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back