reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like these guys just got some more Pi Zero 2 W's, sucks you can only buy 1 per order though, their last batch they allowed two.

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like these guys just got some more Pi Zero 2 W's, sucks you can only buy 1 per order though, their last batch they allowed two.

Shipping is a bit salty...

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can tell me where I can find them, I'd buy them... They seem to be made from unobtainium...
I get mine from a local microcenter, they used to have really cheap pi's. I was purchasing the older version pi zero w without a header for $5ea. I just picked up a couple of zero 2 but they were selling for the normal price of $15ea and limit you to one per customer, usually take my wife though and get 2. Hoping at some point the supply opens up and they will let you purchase more than that at one time, but crazy times right now.

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

These are also again out of stock....

psxnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have just built (today) a reef-pi and initially just a thermometer which I am testing.
All is working fine and until a few minutes ago I could log in without issues, but unfortunetly I changed the 0.0.0.0:80 network setting to what I thought would allow me to log via an external connection, but it doesnt, and it now wont connect by the .local command!

Can anyone tell me where to find the file that stores the settings that I can alter please, and I promise not to mess about with it again :)

Thanks.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have just built (today) a reef-pi and initially just a thermometer which I am testing.
All is working fine and until a few minutes ago I could log in without issues, but unfortunetly I changed the 0.0.0.0:80 network setting to what I thought would allow me to log via an external connection, but it doesnt, and it now wont connect by the .local command!

Can anyone tell me where to find the file that stores the settings that I can alter please, and I promise not to mess about with it again :)

Thanks.
See if this will get you back to working, you will need to SSH to the rpi and do the commands mentioned in the post...https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-pi-5-0-release-announcement.874824/post-9764873

AquaKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib - is there a way to connect multiple reefpi together instead of managing them separately? Thinking of having a reefpi control the tank inside the house and another in the garage for the mixing station. Thanks!

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib - is there a way to connect multiple reefpi together instead of managing them separately? Thinking of having a reefpi control the tank inside the house and another in the garage for the mixing station. Thanks!
Nope not right now . This was planned and I had started working on it, but we have not been able to pull it off. I still have plan to do it , but not sure if it will be this year or sometime later

psxnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See if this will get you back to working, you will need to SSH to the rpi and do the commands mentioned in the post...https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-pi-5-0-release-announcement.874824/post-9764873
Many thanks for that, I'm at work at the moment but will have a go when I get home.
I did look at that file yesterday as I saw in the setup notes that it could be copied as a backup, but I didn't search through it!

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has been covered but I have been working on updating the robotank script and can't remember, why are there different reef-pi images for the zero vs rpi 3/4? I know I've seen the answer but unable to find it and just wondering what the differences are.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has been covered but I have been working on updating the robotank script and can't remember, why are there different reef-pi images for the zero vs rpi 3/4? I know I've seen the answer but unable to find it and just wondering what the differences are.

Pi zero is arm v6 architecture , while pi3/4 is arm 7/8 . That is the genre of their cpu processor is different , and the go binary , the controller code needs to be built differently for each of those two. zeros binary will not work on pi 3, and vice versa. Hence the two packages

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pi zero is arm v6 architecture , while pi3/4 is arm 7/8 . That is the genre of their cpu processor is different , and the go binary , the controller code needs to be built differently for each of those two. zeros binary will not work on pi 3, and vice versa. Hence the two packages
Welp I need to double check my script but I think I am running reef-pi-4.3-pi3.deb on a zero right now...will double check and see what I have running. I have been updating and tweaking @robsworld78 robotank script, and been testing/verifying stuff and pretty sure I loaded up that version.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just loaded reef-pi-4.3-pi3.deb on a zero w running bullseye and it loads and so far appears to be running fine...lol. Maybe something is different with bullseye vs buster? I do not have a rpi3 to test on but tested the -pi3 on a zero.

I dunno, maybe something has changed, would make managing images a whole lot easier...:)

Last edited:

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An Opensource Controller Product you say?

Animation Logo GIF by JOSH HILL

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the last update, when I click on the "Auto" / "Manual" buttons in the lights section, I get this dialog..

1642308736452.png

Not entirely sure what that language is, but it certainly does not match the language in my OS and it happens like this across all devices I have used. Including my computer at work. Pretty sure I don't have whatever Germanic language this is set on my work computer, I'd never get anything done... ;)

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the last update, when I click on the "Auto" / "Manual" buttons in the lights section, I get this dialog..

1642308736452.png

Not entirely sure what that language is, but it certainly does not match the language in my OS and it happens like this across all devices I have used. Including my computer at work. Pretty sure I don't have whatever Germanic language this is set on my work computer, I'd never get anything done... ;)
5.2?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back