Reef Power RP-M Programming Guide Video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The long-awaited Reef Power RP-M programming guide video is available now!

Follow along as we go over programming the integrated timer, wireless master/slave linking, and more!

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to control the flow speed when it's in the timer mode? I see that you can only select F1, F2,... but not on how strong you want on the flow.
2. it seems like I can't turn on the feed mode in the timer mode. is that right?

thanks

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to control the flow speed when it's in the timer mode? I see that you can only select F1, F2,... but not on how strong you want on the flow.
2. it seems like I can't turn on the feed mode in the timer mode. is that right?

thanks

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 questions:

thanks

1: Yes, whatever you set your speed and frequency setting to will apply to all modes. You can go to any other mode except mode 6 and set the speed and frequency.

2: You can set the timer mode to F0 to activate the feed timer. To activate the manual feed timer, you need to be out of the timer mode.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the aqualink T1 V2 get around this? So you can put the rp-m's in timer mode, have different settings and speeds thru the 24 hour period?
To be clear, I would like to run random during the day at 80% then maybe pulse at 40% at night.

jeffthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 questions:

thanks

Just a quick note on being locked out of feed mode when running timer mode F6. I have a feed slot programmed in the morning and evening, but often miss this window. I change out of timer mode, go into whatever feed mode I want 10min or 20 min and then immediately change back to timer mode. Works like a charm. When feed mode is over the timer mode picks right back up where is is supposed to.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the aqualink T1 V2 get around this? So you can put the rp-m's in timer mode, have different settings and speeds thru the 24 hour period?
To be clear, I would like to run random during the day at 80% then maybe pulse at 40% at night.

Yes, the Aqualink T1V2 will allow you to do more advanced programs like you are describing.

Ciwyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've run into a bit of a problem. I have a RP-M and a QP-16 plus. I previously had them linked with the RP-M master and the QP-16 slave. I disconnected them to clean them and now the QP-16 is stuck in S mode. The controller for the RP-M will allow me to select M,S,N but when selected to M the pumps do not sync. Any suggestions on how to get this working again?

Thanks

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've run into a bit of a problem. I have a RP-M and a QP-16 plus. I previously had them linked with the RP-M master and the QP-16 slave. I disconnected them to clean them and now the QP-16 is stuck in S mode. The controller for the RP-M will allow me to select M,S,N but when selected to M the pumps do not sync. Any suggestions on how to get this working again?

Thanks
Hi, Simply press the WiFi button on your QP pump to get it out of slave mode. Set them both the N. Then set your RPM to M, follow that by setting the QP+ to S

Ciwyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Simply press the WiFi button on your QP pump to get it out of slave mode. Set them both the N. Then set your RPM to M, follow that by setting the QP+ to S
I just double checked to make sure it wasn't user error on my part. Unfortunately its a bit more complicated than that. On the QP pump when I press the wifi button the mode doesn't change. It's stuck on S.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just double checked to make sure it wasn't user error on my part. Unfortunately its a bit more complicated than that. On the QP pump when I press the wifi button the mode doesn't change. It's stuck on S.

Well that's odd. There is a way to reset them.

First- try unplugging it, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in.

If that doesn't work, try Pressing and holding the WiLi/Reset Button to reset your controller.

If that doesn't help, PM us with your order number, we'll put a new controller in the mail Monday morning.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders
Hey logan,
i was wondering if Freq has any impact on mode 5?
Thanks!

It has a smaller impact on modes 4 and 5, since they are randomized flow patterns. With a lower frequency, they will vary the modes a bit more frequently.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.5%
Back