Reef roids

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to start feeding my zoas this. Is it any good and what was your experience with it. Do you target feed or dose it?
I am not a big fan of Reef Roids I used it for like 2 weeks and saw a lot of my numbers spike especially phosphates. I switched to reef Energy AB and my tank is more stable and corals happy

J_anderson_75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure I can add anything more than what's already been said. My advice is to use very little. It's easy to get carried away and overfeed. I have used Reef-Roids once a week and have done both; target and broadcast feed. I think most of my corals do ok with it, but I am now dealing with high phosphates and algae. I'm sure it is not 100 percent due to the Reef-Roids, but my careless feeding with it I am sure contributed, at least partly, to what I am dealing with now.

Go slow and less is more in this case. Good luck!

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it interesting that the feeding recommendation is based off of tank volume vice amount of live stock. I guess it would be hard to quantify otherwise though. There's also no guidance on starting out with a lower amount, like other products have.

Is the prescribed amount based off of a fully stocked tank?

When people have issues with it, is it simply due to overfeeding by going off of the prescribed amount?

Into my tank (40 gallons) I broadcast feed daily using a 0.05ml scoop that came with a test kit. It's a mixed Reef with ~15 corals, frag size to slightly larger. No idea on this amount, other than I have not seen any issues with nutrients.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back