OP
K

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post #70

Wow I just went to TankMe USA website and was really impressed with the various features they offer. I am definitely going to follow-up with them...thanks for calling them out!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I just went to TankMe USA website and was really impressed with the various features they offer. I am definitely going to follow-up with them...thanks for calling them out!

Any time, LOTS of options out there to explore builder wise and it's always good to explore what everyone has to offer. Take your time, do some more research and go with someone you really feel comfortable working with. You do have to remember that this is your DREAM tank! So even if you have to wait a little longer for a response or even 6-12 months to get your tank, at the end of the day it will be worth it. Don't rush anything as exciting as the process is, it will take time, anything custom does. Can't wait to see what you go with and to see that snazzy new tank in a build thread!! :D :D

OP
OP
K

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time, LOTS of options out there to explore builder wise and it's always good to explore what everyone has to offer. Take your time, do some more research and go with someone you really feel comfortable working with. You do have to remember that this is your DREAM tank! So even if you have to wait a little longer for a response or even 6-12 months to get your tank, at the end of the day it will be worth it. Don't rush anything as exciting as the process is, it will take time, anything custom does. Can't wait to see what you go with and to see that snazzy new tank in a build thread!! :D :D
Josh you are so correct. This is definitely something I don’t want to rush and I really want it to be the perfect dream tank. I have spent the last three months now researching everything from sumps, skimmers, reactors, lights, etc. I’ve been out of the hobby for 7 years and so much has changed. Here is a picture of my last tank I had while living over in London.

C10182A7-224E-4D39-99BD-A0BC62B6DDBD.jpeg

OP
OP
K

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post #70

Just read your post - outstanding job in describing your impression of your Miracles tank. You’ve set a high-bar for me when it’s time to do my review some day. Thanks again for sharing.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also asked reed savvy for a quote when I started looking into custom tanks. I never heard back, then sent a second request, and still nothing.

In their defense, I can imagine that almost every Reefer looking for a custom tank will throw in a quote request to reef savvy. While many of us are seriously consider the company, there are probably many that know that they probably can’t afford it and are just curious. If I’m honest, I probably wouldn’t have gone with reef savvy, especially if it’s true that they’re priced about double most others. I was hoping for the off chance they came in close to equivalent. It takes a lot more time to put together a quote than it does to request a quote.

If I were reef savvy, I’d consider a $100 fee for every quote. It’ll drop the requests considerably and weed out people who are just curious. If your orders/quotes ratio is still not high enough after that, charge more? I dunno, just a thought.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also asked reed savvy for a quote when I started looking into custom tanks. I never heard back, then sent a second request, and still nothing.

In their defense, I can imagine that almost every Reefer looking for a custom tank will throw in a quote request to reef savvy. While many of us are seriously consider the company, there are probably many that know that they probably can’t afford it and are just curious. It takes a lot more time to put together a quote than it does to request a quote.

If I were reef savvy, I’d consider a $100 fee for every quote. It’ll drop the requests considerably and weed out people who are just curious. If your orders/quotes ratio is still not high enough after that, charge more? I dunno, just a thought.

And there in lies the issue, they must get a ton of quotes a day from reefers and I'd be willing to bet 90% of them are from people just curious about the cost of there dream tank and have no intention of purchasing. They have one person doing quotes which can take an hour or two per quote depending on what's being asked. Theres only so much time in a day....

A fee per quote would be a great way to thin the herd but then they would be demonized for demanding money for a quote. Theres just no winning so I'm sure they'll just keep doing what they do... I'm sure if they were struggling they would work hard to answer every quote in a timely fashion but they are at max capacity and have been for years so I don't see that happening any time soon

OP
OP
K

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In their defense, I can imagine that almost every Reefer looking for a custom tank will throw in a quote request to reef savvy. While many of us are seriously consider the company, there are probably many that know that they probably can’t afford it and are just curious. If I’m honest, I probably wouldn’t have gone with reef savvy, especially if it’s true that they’re priced about double most others. I was hoping for the off chance they came in close to equivalent. It takes a lot more time to put together a quote than it does to request a quote.

Check out TankMe USA website - they have gotten this figured out. They make it clear on their site that they aren’t taking quotes/orders right now and are very transparent that they have a 6 month backlog. This would be a very easy thing for ReefSavvy to do on their site. Then if people are still interested they know that its going to be awhile before they can do business with ReefSavvy. Transparency to customers in all business is always smart business.

air_run

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all wondering,

Reef Savvy is down during Covid. I spoke with Felix about 2+ months ago and he is not able to work due to being non essential. For all wondering there is an enormous wait time for a tank from Reef Savvy. I put my deposit down in November 2017, yes, you heard correct, and I am still waiting for my aquarium. Now, with that being said, I did make a lot of changes so some of that is on me. If you want a Reef Savvy tank right now, you're gonna have to be very, very patient.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a Reefsavvy but its clear by everyone in the hobby that they are the Michael jordan of Tank building. However, I just don't trust their leed time and honestly wouldnt wait more than 3-6 months for setting up a new tank. Reefsavvy says 6 months but its more like 12 months or whenever we get to it. It doesnt take long to assemble a tank, Empire state building was build faster. lol

Patients should be applied to your reef once water is in not before you get the tank. Wait 12 months for a tank I promise you your not going to wait another year to add SPS (if your acrohead like me). Anyways I just got a 410 Gallon from Miracle and while its not a Reefsavvy It took about 3 months to get to me.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to remember, for every person that ends up going through with a tank there will be multiple dozens kicking the tires to get some kind of quote, and still a fair number that go far enough along then ultimately bail on putting a deposit down.

It is very hard to shop around for tanks because everyone does tanks slightly differently. You cannot compare one vendor to another with cost at all. In fact some are very costly simply to weed out the tire kickers and only get someone that's really ready to put their money down and not waste even half an hour of their valuable time.

There's only been one company I've ever dealt with for construction inquiries that got back to me very quickly and all eager beaver, and they went out of business last fall with no warning.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a Reefsavvy but its clear by everyone in the hobby that they are the Michael jordan of Tank building. However, I just don't trust their leed time and honestly wouldnt wait more than 3-6 months for setting up a new tank. Reefsavvy says 6 months but its more like 12 months or whenever we get to it. It doesnt take long to assemble a tank, Empire state building was build faster. lol

Patients should be applied to your reef once water is in not before you get the tank. Wait 12 months for a tank I promise you your not going to wait another year to add SPS (if your acrohead like me). Anyways I just got a 410 Gallon from Miracle and while its not a Reefsavvy It took about 3 months to get to me.

When you have some time do you mind writing up a short review of your tank here....

??? It would be really appreciated and can help others make an educated decision on there tank purchase in the future :)

bitwise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I agree that they are getting a ton of requests daily. I could be wrong.

IMO it’s unfortunate some things as a consumer are such a PITA to actually get, even if you have the cash. It’s supply and demand taken to an extreme. Even for work on my house sometimes it feels like I’m either begging to get work done or I’m paying way over fair market value for the work.

/rant

That being said I’m sure these tanks are awesome - I’ve heard great things

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I agree that they are getting a ton of requests daily. I could be wrong.

IMO it’s unfortunate some things as a consumer are such a PITA to actually get, even if you have the cash. It’s supply and demand taken to an extreme. Even for work on my house sometimes it feels like I’m either begging to get work done or I’m paying way over fair market value for the work.

/rant

That being said I’m sure these tanks are awesome - I’ve heard great things

So true.. I have to beg my carpenter to come do anything. These guy in particular are the ones who never show up when they do they run away when a older lady with $$$$ put downs 50K for a bunch of stain grade moulding work =)

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you literally have to beat down their door and throw money at them (almost). I requested a quote twice, and a month later got a reply, and I reiterated that I was still interested in a quote, and then never heard back. By then I had multiple other quotes from good reputable builders, and just let it go.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back