Reef Spotlight - August 2011 - "M&M"

  • Thread starter Thread starter swannyson7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Very nice! Congrats on the Reef Spotlight! How are you able to keep 2 different Gramma species together, I always though they would fight.
 
Very nice! Congrats on the Reef Spotlight! How are you able to keep 2 different Gramma species together, I always though they would fight.
Thanks,I guess with big enough tank and ample hiding spots they are able to coexists.They never fight in my tank.Royal gramma stays in the upper part of tank and black cap in the bottom part.
 
Congrats Mark, I knew it wouldn't be long before your tank gained recognition. Keep up the great work.
 
Just curious, I see eggcrate in some of the pic's. Do you have some buried in your sandbed, and if so how come?
 
Yes,when I set up my aquascape I put eggcrate on the bottom.With time, some of my sand got removed when vacuuming and never got replaced.That's why you see eggcrate.I will be doing some changes to my tank soon,I will get rid of eggcrate and go BB.
 
I add 20ml a week of Special Blend from Microbe-Lift.This amount seems to be enough for my tank.No other bacteria source is added.I used to dose MB7 but noticed increase of cyanobacteria. Once switched to Special Blend no more problems.I've heard of people having the same problem with MB7.
 
Congrats on winning the spotlight you tank is full of life and great colors on your corals loved all your shots
 
I add 20ml a week of Special Blend from Microbe-Lift.This amount seems to be enough for my tank.No other bacteria source is added.I used to dose MB7 but noticed increase of cyanobacteria. Once switched to Special Blend no more problems.I've heard of people having the same problem with MB7.

Cool thanks for the info!
 
Very clean system!!! the choice of colors fill the tank perfectly!!! Everything looks healthy and thriving!!!!! Congratulations as tank of the month!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new