Reef Spotlight - August 2011 - "M&M"

Luisra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Congrats on the Reef Spotlight! How are you able to keep 2 different Gramma species together, I always though they would fight.

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Congrats on the Reef Spotlight! How are you able to keep 2 different Gramma species together, I always though they would fight.
Thanks,I guess with big enough tank and ample hiding spots they are able to coexists.They never fight in my tank.Royal gramma stays in the upper part of tank and black cap in the bottom part.

clowndude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Mark, I knew it wouldn't be long before your tank gained recognition. Keep up the great work.

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still dose Lugols and Aminos? If so, how much?

Yes,I dose 2-3 drops of Lugol's every second day and 10 drops Coral Amino daily.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, I see eggcrate in some of the pic's. Do you have some buried in your sandbed, and if so how come?

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,when I set up my aquascape I put eggcrate on the bottom.With time, some of my sand got removed when vacuuming and never got replaced.That's why you see eggcrate.I will be doing some changes to my tank soon,I will get rid of eggcrate and go BB.

M&M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I add 20ml a week of Special Blend from Microbe-Lift.This amount seems to be enough for my tank.No other bacteria source is added.I used to dose MB7 but noticed increase of cyanobacteria. Once switched to Special Blend no more problems.I've heard of people having the same problem with MB7.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on winning the spotlight you tank is full of life and great colors on your corals loved all your shots

Wankel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I add 20ml a week of Special Blend from Microbe-Lift.This amount seems to be enough for my tank.No other bacteria source is added.I used to dose MB7 but noticed increase of cyanobacteria. Once switched to Special Blend no more problems.I've heard of people having the same problem with MB7.

Cool thanks for the info!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back