1   0   0
WOW sick pics!!

carlosR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! A goal I can hope for someday. I really like your explanations of how you maintain stability and why. Great reef ecosystem there.

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Keith! Congratulations as always, but then a quick question. Where is the Pearlberry in the main photo from Nov? I didn't pay close enough attention on my visit and want to optimize my frag placement in my tank.

Joe P.

P.S. The frags are doin' awesome, and I may have some Ice Fire Echinata to give you after the holidays if you're interested!

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Joe! The PB is on the left side near the top and I have another one on the other side midway up. The Icefire sounds cool....look forward to seeing you after the holidays.

Hey Keith! Congratulations as always, but then a quick question. Where is the Pearlberry in the main photo from Nov? I didn't pay close enough attention on my visit and want to optimize my frag placement in my tank.

Joe P.

P.S. The frags are doin' awesome, and I may have some Ice Fire Echinata to give you after the holidays if you're interested!

Acronuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many congrats to you for acheiving such a spectacular tank. I love your website that shows your tank throughout the years. Your pics are excellent as well!
I too agree whole heartedly that keeping your alk constant along with a balance of import/export of nutrients is a good rule of thumb.

A couple of questions for you if you don't mind and I apologize if these have been asked already.

1. Would you say that the multibarred angel and regal angel don't bother your corals because you feed everyday?

2. Your using 400wt radiums, do you find that your growth is more on the excessive, where you have to constantly frag or do you find the bulbs allow for optimum growth without sacrificing color?

3. You have 6 ft long tank, How can you photograph the entire length of the tank so close up?

4. I figure that running the radiums you wouldn't need to run them as long. Have you experimented with less photoperiod? If so what would you say is the least amount of time you would run your metal halides?

Thanks and congats again!!!!

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the very kind words! Here are some answers to your questions.

1. It is hard to say but I do feel it is important to keep angels well fed so they don't have an urge to nibble on corals. Mine will pick every now and then but they don't do any damage.

2. My growth is excessive and I do have to constantly frag. The lights are a big part of it but so is calcium/alk supplementation, good flow, nutrient import/export and stability in parameters.

3. The standard lens for my Olympus Evolt 510 camera allows me to take full tank shots at close range.

4. I have not experimented with my photoperiod. I have always had my halides on for 9 hours and I never had the urge to change since it has always worked so well.

Many congrats to you for acheiving such a spectacular tank. I love your website that shows your tank throughout the years. Your pics are excellent as well!
I too agree whole heartedly that keeping your alk constant along with a balance of import/export of nutrients is a good rule of thumb.

A couple of questions for you if you don't mind and I apologize if these have been asked already.

1. Would you say that the multibarred angel and regal angel don't bother your corals because you feed everyday?

2. Your using 400wt radiums, do you find that your growth is more on the excessive, where you have to constantly frag or do you find the bulbs allow for optimum growth without sacrificing color?

3. You have 6 ft long tank, How can you photograph the entire length of the tank so close up?

4. I figure that running the radiums you wouldn't need to run them as long. Have you experimented with less photoperiod? If so what would you say is the least amount of time you would run your metal halides?

Thanks and congats again!!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back