1   0   0
Man awesome videos and pics Marvin!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another great update...... The vid is great, iPhone 4S ennnnh ;) I have it as well and wish I could get true 1080p HD video from it. I'm waiting to do a video until I get the GoPro Hero3 as my video skills need all the help they can get lol ;)

Thank you. 4S is surprisingly ok. I normally shoot with a T2i, but I do agree that 1080p is much better. I need to get a HD cam and learn how to edit vids. LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure you have heard this many times...but I have to say it again. Amazingly beautiful setup.
Absolutely Beautiful and Stunning!! Congrats!
Thanks to both of you. it's always nice to hear kudos from fellow reefers. very encouraging that the hard work you put into the tank is not taken for granted. :bigsmile:

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin, Great write-up, beautiful photography and entertaining videos... You have an amazing collection of anemones and clowns and it is awesome to see them thriving!

Congratulations on your well-deserved spotlight!

-M&T

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marvin, Great write-up, beautiful photography and entertaining videos... You have an amazing collection of anemones and clowns and it is awesome to see them thriving!

Congratulations on your well-deserved spotlight!

-M&T

Thanks M&T. Just following your footsteps. :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to the crew.. Majestic Angel (added 11-29-12).. so far, so good! my two boys love this guy. even the wifey gives him the nod. the Yellow tang is somewhat giving him a hard time but I think it's normal as the Yellow Tang always inspect a newcomer. Majestic is about 3". Yellow tang is bigger than the Majestic. dunno who will rule the tank in the long run. Majestic took some food last night. I fed a mixture of food.. mysis, brine, krill, scallops, and Formula 1. I fed them a small amount every hour from 6-11 pm. also added a 1"x1" sheet of red and green algae, but he hasn't figured out the white clip in the glass. LoL. you'll probably notice a tear in the anal fin. it happened at the LFS a few days ago. probably while they were cleaning the tank he was in. darting out so fast when spooked. he was eating flakes at the LFS so I was confident taking him home. best part! I got him with no $$ coming out of pocket since I traded two extra Picasso clowns I had in our frag tank at my parent's house. taking down the frag tank anyway so it worked out really well. :)

11-29-12Pic1b.jpg

11-29-12Pic1c.jpg

here he is acclimating...

11-29-12Pic1.jpg

size comparison. acclimated him on a 5 gal bucket.

11-29-12Pic1a.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW love the addition!!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. He's doing real good as of now, pretty much eating anything I put in the tank that's frozen and pickin' on the rocks. Most of my rocks have sponges on them and I've read that's one of their main diet in the wild. He's also eating algae on a clip. I have green and red algae. :)

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have wanted a angel like that for so long, but just haven't had the courage to pull the trigger.
That and I would have to be sure it was softy reef compatable.
Awesome looking fish in a fitting tank

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted a angel like that for so long, but just haven't had the courage to pull the trigger.
That and I would have to be sure it was softy reef compatable.
Awesome looking fish in a fitting tank

I've always had a "reef" and never really ventured into anything but what I'm used to and familiar with when it came to stocking my tank with fish. I've always had F&F wrasses as the dominant fishes since early 00's. I'm so glad to be able to experience a different side of having a tank. I'm really enjoying the different kinds of fishes I have atm. I didn't know that not having expensive and rare wrasses can be so enjoyable too. I currently have the "regular" fishes like damsels, cardinals, mandarins, & clowns but they are all so enjoyable to watch all together. Don't get me wrong I still really like the F&F wrasses and continually admire those that have the collection I used to have. The colors and activity that my current fish list is awesome for me and that's what counts right?

Anyway, all that just to say that I'm glad to be able to experience some different kinds of fishes. Hahaha. :)

Maybe down the road, you and I can set up a nice size (200g-300g) FOWLR and can house some of the other bigger fishes. :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a December VID since the Majestic angel has been pretty bold lately. Before when I get close to the tank, he becomes timid and finds a cave or hides behind the rockwork right away until I leave. Now, he sees me coming with a container of food and he's one of the first to greet me. :)

VID -- 1080p available

[video=youtube;nzSUIdBZID0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzSUIdBZID0[/video]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back