Reef supplements

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I am pretty new to keeping corals and I have been using the fluval sea additives in my tank, I don’t know if they are any good, what supplements should I be using? From what brand? Witch ones are cheap/cost effective? Right now I’m using fluval sea 3-ions , fluval sea trace elements, fluval sea iodide

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Can you say what size tank you have, as well as what kinds of corals and what your water change schedule is like? The best way to know what to dose is know what the tank is using. Do you currently test for any of the elements you are dosing? Some of those, like iodide, should probably not be dosed unless your tank has a heavy demand for additives, which is probably not the case.

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello!

Can you say what size tank you have, as well as what kinds of corals and what your water change schedule is like? The best way to know what to dose is know what the tank is using. Do you currently test for any of the elements you are dosing? Some of those, like iodide, should probably not be dosed unless your tank has a heavy demand for additives, which is probably not the case.
It’s a 90 gallon with a 20 gallon sump, I have a mixed tank but a lot of LPS and Florida mushrooms, a few favia and softies, no I am not testing for anything I’m dosing besides calcium, I’m waiting to get paid so I can order a few test kits

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using Aquaforest Component 1-2-3 and get fantastic growth.
1611663566130.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back