Reef supplements

elcapitan1993

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
819
Reaction score
334
Location
white city
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I am pretty new to keeping corals and I have been using the fluval sea additives in my tank, I don’t know if they are any good, what supplements should I be using? From what brand? Witch ones are cheap/cost effective? Right now I’m using fluval sea 3-ions , fluval sea trace elements, fluval sea iodide
 
Hello!

Can you say what size tank you have, as well as what kinds of corals and what your water change schedule is like? The best way to know what to dose is know what the tank is using. Do you currently test for any of the elements you are dosing? Some of those, like iodide, should probably not be dosed unless your tank has a heavy demand for additives, which is probably not the case.
 
Hello!

Can you say what size tank you have, as well as what kinds of corals and what your water change schedule is like? The best way to know what to dose is know what the tank is using. Do you currently test for any of the elements you are dosing? Some of those, like iodide, should probably not be dosed unless your tank has a heavy demand for additives, which is probably not the case.
It’s a 90 gallon with a 20 gallon sump, I have a mixed tank but a lot of LPS and Florida mushrooms, a few favia and softies, no I am not testing for anything I’m dosing besides calcium, I’m waiting to get paid so I can order a few test kits
 
I'm using Aquaforest Component 1-2-3 and get fantastic growth.
1611663566130.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new