Reefbreeder Question

mrmoray

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi gang, does anyone know if the reefbreeder app actually works? I downloaded it to my iPad, but i can’t get my new light connected. It says I need to connect to the light‘s WiFi signal, but I don’t see it come up as an option on my iPad ?

thanks,
Mike

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you need to get an upgrade to your light to make the app work. And I'm not even sure if the upgrade is even available yet

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s available on pre-order. As a recent buyer of a 48V2+ I asked if there would be a free upgrade and here is the company response. Personally, my view is WiFi connectivity and robust programming should be standard not a perk I need to pay extra for.

Post in thread 'Reefbreeders app'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reefbreeders-app.747741/post-8501463

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s available on pre-order. As a recent buyer of a 48V2+ I asked if there would be a free upgrade and here is the company response. Personally, my view is WiFi connectivity and robust programming should be standard not a perk I need to pay extra for.

Post in thread 'Reefbreeders app'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reefbreeders-app.747741/post-85
Yeah I wish it were free as well, I was leaning toward the AI prime/hyrda and nero because it had an app that you can use to control them. Just thought it was nice.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wish it were free as well, I was leaning toward the AI prime/hyrda and nero because it had an app that you can use to control them. Just thought it was nice.
I had two AI Prime HDs and really liked the interface. It was so easy to program and the acclimate mode made things super easy. That said, I just couldn’t see paying the price for AIs that I needed to get the PAR up in my tank. So I went with Reefbreeders

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two AI Prime HDs and really liked the interface. It was so easy to program and the acclimate mode made things super easy. That said, I just couldn’t see paying the price for AIs that I needed to get the PAR up in my tank. So I went with Reefbreeders
Lol that's the exact reason I'm also looking into the Photons

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back