Reefbreeders app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders

Very excited to place my order for the Nexus.

@Reef Breeders , received and installed my Nexus! Such fast delivery, very impressed and happy.

Quick question on expectations vs future capability.

1) I see there is the option to share a schedule, but I don’t see an option to search or load other people’s schedules. Is this coming in the future?

2)also, will we get the option to share multiple schedules?

3) if I create several tanks but connect the same light to each, can I flip back and forth between schedules?

Thanks so much for this product. It is great!!

jstephens1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Reef Breeders , received and installed my Nexus! Such fast delivery, very impressed and happy.

1) I see there is the option to share a schedule, but I don’t see an option to search or load other people’s schedules. Is this coming in the future?

3) if I create several tanks but connect the same light to each, can I flip back and forth between schedules?

Pretty sure Logan said the sharing part is in beta testing now

bpbonds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah so you can only share the light set up from another light setup so you can set up green and red the same e.t.c. Its a great APP and pretty easy to use but I am sure there will be a lot more coming with updates e.t.c overall pretty happy with the Photon light and Nexus.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure Logan said the sharing part is in beta testing now
It is available now. If you already have a light schedule on your light, you need to go all the way to the end of the edit schedule menu, then save your schedule. If you go back and delete it, you can retrieve your saved program, or apply one from the library of other shared schedules.

OP
OP
HeyJay

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone else having trouble after unplugging or losing power? My photon seems to always go back to the default schedule and not connect to the app. I have to turn it on and off again, sometimes twice

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1) You can now search the shared schedule library to add other schedules.

2) Yes. However I want to make that interface easier. As it stands you need to delete the current schedule on a light, then create and save/share a new one to do so. I think in the future it makes more sense to allow you to make a schedule first then share/port it to a light.

3) The groups/tank toggles don't really work that way. I am not aware of the ability to put the same device on multiple tanks at this time. However what you can do is save multiple schedules and clear/swap to a new schedule as desired.

tweetyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't seem to get the correct time using this app. Have to program sunrise and sunset 3 hours ahead of actual time.
Is there a way to set the correct time in the app? I have tried resetting the Photon and router. Light works fine otherwise.

tweetyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't seem to get the correct time using this app. Have to program sunrise and sunset 3 hours ahead of actual time.
Is there a way to set the correct time in the app? I have tried resetting the Photon and router. Light works fine otherwise.
Figured it out. Had the time zone set at US-Eastern. Switched to America-New-York. That corrected the issue for Virginia anyway.

Jerdel17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be cautious if you own android. There hasn't been an update for reef nexus on Google for over a year. Missing a lot of functions

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be cautious if you own android. There hasn't been an update for reef nexus on Google for over a year. Missing a lot of functions
Update is in the works apologize for the delay here. Only function missing ATM is shared schedules.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shared schedules are working now. I also found out you can program any of the spectrums down to 0.1% which is pretty cool for Moonlighting. I programmed as far down as 0.07, not sure if it's diverting to 0.1% or if it's really 0.07%

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders

Having an issue with the Reef Nexus app for iOS. Twice now it has lost my login/account. When accessing the app it cannot find any account with my credentials forcing me to have to re-create my account. After re-creating the account my light is missing and I have to reset the light with the push button and re-add it to my profile in the app. It won't pick up the existing settings saved to the light but luckily I uploaded my lighting profile the first time I set up the light so I have not had to completely recreate that after resetting the light.

Have you gotten any other reports like this with the Reef Nexus app?

WunderWagen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed this in my 48 Photon V2... install was not fun, the "wax" ended up being all over the connectors and inside the wiring harness holes. I had to take it back apart twice to scrub the connector down to get a full connection on all the wires (some LED segments were not lighting up). Other than that the install wasn't too bad and I only loosened the cover half way and was able to prop it up enough to do the install.

App worked great on first try, no issues! :)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders

Having an issue with the Reef Nexus app for iOS. Twice now it has lost my login/account. When accessing the app it cannot find any account with my credentials forcing me to have to re-create my account. After re-creating the account my light is missing and I have to reset the light with the push button and re-add it to my profile in the app. It won't pick up the existing settings saved to the light but luckily I uploaded my lighting profile the first time I set up the light so I have not had to completely recreate that after resetting the light.

Have you gotten any other reports like this with the Reef Nexus app?
PM Me the emails you signed up with and I can look into it. I need all the emails used so I can check against each one.

There is a password reset function- so outside of a typo on the email address, I have not heard of anyone being totally unable to reset the password and access the account.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on android and I am underwhelmed with the app. I cant do anything but make a basic schedule. In the video they show an apple phone and it has all these settings and customization. I see here that is supposed to be added? When? I went and bought a cheap iphone to see if I can get more out of this light. I don't have a remote, just the app so having all the features would be nice. Like 24 hour mode, shared settings, moonlight mode. When I get home tonight I will see if having this iphone will help. This would have been a deal breaker if I had known the company doesn't fully support their app on Andorid.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on android and I am underwhelmed with the app. I cant do anything but make a basic schedule. In the video they show an apple phone and it has all these settings and customization. I see here that is supposed to be added? When? I went and bought a cheap iphone to see if I can get more out of this light. I don't have a remote, just the app so having all the features would be nice. Like 24 hour mode, shared settings, moonlight mode. When I get home tonight I will see if having this iphone will help. This would have been a deal breaker if I had known the company doesn't fully support their app on Andorid.
You have pro mode?
I have all the features on my android.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220604-113958_Reef Nexus.jpg
    Screenshot_20220604-113958_Reef Nexus.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 59

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not messed with my light for a while now.
Was going to mess with it this weekend.
How do you know pro mode ? Will it say that ?
Just wondering been wanting to see the new features but kinda wondering now.

Back