Reefbreeders app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Reef Breeders ,

I’m excited for the possibilities this new
capability can provide. I’m interested in using an app for the following reasons and was hoping you (or someone else on this thread) could answer:

1) Multiple user profiles that you can switch to (I like to put the lights into a “cloudy” mode if I’m leaving for multiple days)

2) Finer dimming capability i.e. more than 10 steps per hour

3) Adjustable from outside the local network- can I adjust the lights if I’m away?

Thanks in advance for your reply
1) I think our new save/sharing feature will cover that one. You can save multiple light schedules and name them/share them.
2) The app ramps up between segments- these changes are imperceptible and very gradual. Only the remote changes 10x/hour.
3) Yes! Anywhere in the world that you have internet. The app is cloud based. We're working on local Bluetooth control as well for situations where you don't have home internet- like tradeshows.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders could it be patched to allow a percentage point for the intensity?

Like if I could set 0.25% I think we would be good.
I am testing this feature among others as we speak! I quite like .25% moons.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) I think our new save/sharing feature will cover that one. You can save multiple light schedules and name them/share them.
2) The app ramps up between segments- these changes are imperceptible and very gradual. Only the remote changes 10x/hour.
3) Yes! Anywhere in the world that you have internet. The app is cloud based. We're working on local Bluetooth control as well for situations where you don't have home internet- like tradeshows.
Hurry up already! You showed me this at RAP and now I keep refreshing to see if there's an app update.

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow! 3 for 3!! I can’t wait to try it

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran into some delays with production. Still about 2 weeks out. Our engineer is putting the finishing touches on the latest batch.

I hope the chip shortage doesn’t affect you too much.

Ready to buy on day one! Can’t wait.

bpbonds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a Photon 50 V2 with the Nexus Upgrade, I set the 12 hour light schedule to the specs I want however it comes on at the wrong time. I double checked the time zone was correct AZ time zone (Mountain), this morning I get up the lights are on like Sunrise had already set however I have it set for 10:00 AM. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here!

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a Photon 50 V2 with the Nexus Upgrade, I set the 12 hour light schedule to the specs I want however it comes on at the wrong time. I double checked the time zone was correct AZ time zone (Mountain), this morning I get up the lights are on like Sunrise had already set however I have it set for 10:00 AM. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here!

When/how did you get your Nexus. I’ve been waiting for them to go on sale….

bpbonds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Breeders you want to chime in on this issue?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back