Reefbreeders app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so the light is awesome.
Found this schedule and just programmed it so see how it goes.
New to all these fancy lights.
Have no idea if it will be good or to much

16053759905863945417849319823974.jpg

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to figure out what the ab schedule is.
But after reading so much last night I just gave up I was not retaining anything hah

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows that app coming ?
Tank will be here this Friday will be setting up over the weekend.

dburnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be a few options. The V2+ as it is now, and an upgraded version with the app hardware installed. The upgrade kit will also be available for current lights.
Can you please clarify...if I purchased a V2+ now...would it ship with the board that will allow the app to control it? Is this a separate component from the photon to apex VDM integration kit? Thank you Logan!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please clarify...if I purchased a V2+ now...would it ship with the board that will allow the app to control it? Is this a separate component from the photon to apex VDM integration kit? Thank you Logan!
No, it will need to be upgraded. The V2+ as it is now will not work with the app . We will be releasing additional hardware to connect to the app. It is 100% separate from the Apex kit. The new version with the app will be called the Photon V2 Pro :) You can upgrade your Photon V2+ to the Photon V2 Pro. I hope that clarifies it, I understand it's hard to know exactly as it is not listed on the website just yet.

dburnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it will need to be upgraded. The V2+ as it is now will not work with the app . We will be releasing additional hardware to connect to the app. It is 100% separate from the Apex kit. The new version with the app will be called the Photon V2 Pro :) You can upgrade your Photon V2+ to the Photon V2 Pro. I hope that clarifies it, I understand it's hard to know exactly as it is not listed on the website just yet.
Thank you! Just one more follow up...so will it be an either or in terms of Apex compatibility and WiFi or will the Pro upgrade accomplish and enable both? Just trying to decide whether or not to buy the apex module or sit tight...maybe you’ve answered this and I missed it? Do you have an anticipated release date and price point? Thank you very much!

dburnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Just one more follow up...so will it be an either or in terms of Apex compatibility and WiFi or will the Pro upgrade accomplish and enable both? Just trying to decide whether or not to buy the apex module or sit tight...maybe you’ve answered this and I missed it? Do you have an anticipated release date and price point? Thank you very much!
Oops...not WiFi...but app-controlled.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex =/= wifi- they are two totally different kits. The Apex kit won't be available pre-installed, and the apex kit utilizes the Apex VDM, and has 3 ethernet jacks. These take up so much space, it simply isn't possible to fit the app hardware on top of the apex hardware.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for price point, the app kit is $99.99, or $115 pre-installed, as there is some labor time involved in installing the kit. Availability is coming soon. We currently have over 100 lights running in the App, and we are confident it has been put through its paces and is ready to go. Right now we are working on final production, QC, and distribution. While I can't give a solid date, I would say early next year. Shipping, production, etc. is quite slow at the moment due to COVID.

dburnsworth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for price point, the app kit is $99.99, or $115 pre-installed, as there is some labor time involved in installing the kit. Availability is coming soon. We currently have over 100 lights running in the App, and we are confident it has been put through its paces and is ready to go. Right now we are working on final production, QC, and distribution. While I can't give a solid date, I would say early next year. Shipping, production, etc. is quite slow at the moment due to COVID.
Thank you again! Looking forward to what´s to come!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So if you are also using lumenbars with your Photon, I assume they still have to be manually controlled with a timer?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you are also using lumenbars with your Photon, I assume they still have to be manually controlled with a timer?
Yes, the app is for the Photons only at first. We will release additional modules in the future for lumenbar control.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 9.1%
Back