Reefbreeders app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the hardware and app work on Photon V2 or just V2+ ?
Or does the hardware upgrade the V2 to the V2+ as well as enable app control?

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait ! Great lights sign me up for 1. Do you have a price point yet ?

jelazar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four ReefBreeder V2 fixtures over my tank, all programmed identically. Do I need to buy four hardware upgrades ($400) to use the app? Or can hardware upgrade control all four fixtures?

bcarm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four ReefBreeder V2 fixtures over my tank, all programmed identically. Do I need to buy four hardware upgrades ($400) to use the app? Or can hardware upgrade control all four fixtures?
I am in the same boat, I have 3. I believe it's going to be similar to the Apex controller for them, where you'll have to replace the current on board controller, hence a unit for each light.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 32 photons V2+ one over my SPS tank and one over my Seahorse tank. I am currently doing a new build and wanting to use 2 50 V2 + side by side. The final decision will be if the App and hardware are available when I go to order lights next month. And if so can I get the light with the hardware already installed .

Last edited:

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you will need 1 per light.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 32 photons V2+ one over my SPS tank and one over my Seahorse tank. I am currently doing a new build and wanting to use 2 50 V2 + side by side. The final decision will be if the App and hardware are available when I go to order lights next month. And if so can I get the light with the hardware already installed .
It should be available in a few weeks. Hardware is on its way to us now. Lights with the hardware pre-installed will take a couple months at least. If you order with us at the same time (lights and app upgrade) we can install them upon request.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Logan,

I'm looking forward to the hardware and app release.

I will be one of the 1st in line when they are available.

Proud of you man.
Good work!

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be available in a few weeks. Hardware is on its way to us now. Lights with the hardware pre-installed will take a couple months at least. If you order with us at the same time (lights and app upgrade) we can install them upon request.
What about folks who purchased your lights recently? Are you going to make the upgrade complimentary?

bcarm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about folks who purchased your lights recently? Are you going to make the upgrade complimentary?
I don’t think that’s the point. This will always be an upgrade. So the lights as you purchased them will continue to be the same price or you can pay more for the upgrade when you buy them. I don’t think you’re missing out on anything.

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it will need to be upgraded. The V2+ as it is now will not work with the app . We will be releasing additional hardware to connect to the app. It is 100% separate from the Apex kit. The new version with the app

Mike that was already adressed

Back