Reefbreeders or Radions

Mikel7099

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to pull the trigger on lights. Torn between reefbreeders and radions. I really like the looks of reefbreeders 2 year warranty and couple other reasons. Is Radions worth the extra $$$? I have a 210 gallon Aqueon tank with 2 braces on top. Tank is 72 1/2” long X 24 1/2” deep X 29 1/2” high. Want to be able to keep anything in tank.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two lights are in completely different categories.

G5 Radions will have better color blending, the best spread possible, and more even coloration at different spots of the tank (partciularly higher up). They are designed to be the best of the best lights. They can also be mounted closer to the tank surface without hotspots.

Reef breeders are designed to cover a tank with a blanket of LED's without significantly raising the cost. This is great for those that need to light a large area but don't want to break the bank. They are essentially a step up from black box lights.

Both will work. Most of it depends on your budget. I have ocean revives which are basically reef breeders and my tank does fine except there are a few issues with sps at the height my lights are at).

RickyRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too was debating this. I had my heart set on Radions but changed my mind. I’d need at least 3 XR30’s over my 180 gallon. And cannot justify spending $3k on lights. The biggest thing that bugs me with Radions is for the price they don’t even include hanging hardware. That’s mind boggling to me. For a $900 light you need to spend another $100 for mounting hardware. I’m ordering 2 of the 32” reefbreeders for the price of one XR30 and they actually come with mounting hardware and should have the par to grow sps.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running a rb photon 24-V2+ on a 30 gallon and so far I’m happy with it. Rbta seems content but I’m only running blues and violet at the moment. I turned white, red and green up too far after adding algae barns coralline algae and gha took right off quickly.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you all seen what therman does with Photons? If not, find his treads and look at his photos - he has for sale threads and some normal ones. I suggest anybody do this before you purchase.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back