ReefBum's 225G Peninsula Tank Build

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Following closely as I'm loooking to build a 66x36x20-24 not too long from now.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heck yeah! not only good tastes in Reefing but music too!
I look forward to seeing your scape I am doing mine and its deff. harder than normal wall tanks, but lots of fun too!

Reefanatik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and great dimensions. I'm currently building a 72x36x24. Love the 36" wide. Makes aquascaping allot easier.

Greg Gdowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. I'm just starting my next build (220G peninsula) and I'll be watching your thread carefully! I'm well behind you! I don't have tanks linked to a central sump room like you have. I will be plumbing down into my basement. Are you going to put a powerhead on the far side or are you going to run an internal closed loop system to provide more flow? I know there are a lot of different ways of doing that.

OP
OP
ReefBum

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. I'm just starting my next build (220G peninsula) and I'll be watching your thread carefully! I'm well behind you! I don't have tanks linked to a central sump room like you have. I will be plumbing down into my basement. Are you going to put a powerhead on the far side or are you going to run an internal closed loop system to provide more flow? I know there are a lot of different ways of doing that.
Thank you. I do not want any re-circulating pumps on any of the viewing panels. There will many Ecotech pumps on the end panel :)

OP
OP
ReefBum

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the sump, a Royal Exclusiv Dreambox, arrived from Germany via FedEx.

Fed Ex Arriving.jpg

Here it is being offloaded and in the crate.

Offloading.jpg

DB on Ground.jpg

Time to un-crate it.

Un Crating DB.jpg

There was a bunch of styrofoam blocks to help protect it during the trip. My dog Wilson was diggin' them :)

Un Boxed.jpg

Wilson WIth Styrofoam.jpg

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great and I love the size. I'm with you on the rimless tanks. I have always loved the clean look so I got a rimless frag tank. I can't even clean the glass without splashing water over the edge. I'm always cleaning the outside of that thing. What's the plan with the rocks, and are you going barebottom?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 131 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.6%
Back