OP
OP
Saltees

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the CBB doing with the tangs? My CBB exceled in QT, then when introduced to the display which had tons of tangs, two full size angels and a pair of triggers... just wilted away and died :(
Sad to hear. My CBB is holding its position well amongst the tangs. Similarly after QT, it was introduced into the display behind a screen, but it slipped through and got beaten badly, that I had to “sump” it, where it got fatten on half clams (till date, it’s the only food it will eat). When it was reintroduced to the display the second round along with a golden puffer, it was able to defend itself. Also I believed the puffer was drawing the flak away from the CBB. Plus the tangs behaved way better amidst a bigger predatory fish. BTW CBB will be going in to the display next week with the Yellow Tang, Whitetail Bristle tooth Tang and couple of wrasses, then I’ll be shopping for SPS. To keep the nutrients in check, these will be the utility fishes for the display for now.

Last edited:

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to hear. My CBB is holding its position well amongst the tangs. Similarly after QT, it was introduced into the display behind a screen, but it slipped through and got beaten badly, that I had to “sump” it, where it got fatten on half clams (till date, it’s the only food it will eat). When it was reintroduced to the display the second round along with a golden puffer, it was able to defend itself. Also I believed the puffer was drawing the flak away from the CBB. Plus the tangs behaved way better amidst a bigger predatory fish. BTW CBB will be going in to the display next week with the Yellow Tang, Whitetail Bristle tooth Tang and couple of wrasses, then I’ll be shopping for SPS. To keep the nutrients in check, these will be the utility fishes for the display for now.

Sounds like your luck is going better than mine...

OP
OP
Saltees

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, CBB is more difficult than introducing Acanthurus Tang to another Acanthurus Tang. Just getting them to eat is a challenge. I read some where for every successful CBB that you kept alive, there’s 35 dead ones before (35:1). For me that ratio is 6:1. Well… keep trying.

OP
OP
Saltees

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The numbers are looking good with the added utility fishes, 18 Trochus, 12 Nassarius and heavy feedings. The ATS and Chaeto are online with light dosing of TM Bacto Balance and Prodibio Biogest.

IMG_9389.jpeg

Lit up the tank…

IMG_9396.jpeg

And put in test SPS.

IMG_9403.jpeg
IMG_9402.jpeg
IMG_9404.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back