REEFER from LV, NV

Lunar Mike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here from LV, NV.

I was into cichlids for many years, then recently took about a 6 month break from any fish and sold everything. Pretty much thought I was over keeping aquariums.

A buddy that moves and cleans aquariums asked me to help on a few saltwater tank moves and I was impressed.... to say the least. They were all huge tanks that I really did not want to invest in again especially after selling my 135gal 6' a few months back.

Another buddy showed me his IM 20 gal AIO and it looked really nice with corals, it was small and all compact into one tank(all in one design).

Long story short, I ended up getting a NUVO 16. Started it with sand, water and live rock/scraps from a tank move. Lighting is a Kessil 150 ocean blue and Hydor smart level control.

This will be my saltwater test aquarium and determiner if it's for me.

There's so much to learn and I look forward to the knowledge.

IMG_20171023_114307.jpg

IMG_20171027_132119.jpg

IMG_20171028_101022.jpg

OP
OP
Lunar Mike

Lunar Mike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, I use to breed OB Peacock cichlids. They can have some amazing colors. Salt tanks are much more demanding, but worth it!
Some OB can be very nice looking. I had OBs breeding for a while and a few other fish. It was fun until I realized I needed many tanks to house the fry. Saltwater so far is slower pace and more my style now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back