Reefer New to Portland Area

David Haldane

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
75
Reaction score
77
Location
Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I've been in the saltwater hobby for about a year now and recently moved to the Portland area (Sandy, Oregon to be exact). I'm looking for fellow reefers in the area and hoping maybe some are active on here! I recently moved my entire coral and fish collection from Iowa to Portland. Due to a lot of really bad dice rolls, I lost all my coral :( but the fish are ok at least. Hoping to find some fellow hobbyists to network with who perhaps have frags to sell in the Portland area, as my group of reefers in Iowa was my main (and cost effective) source of coral.
 
Welcome to R2R!
source.gif
 
What's up David! I'm also in sandy OR. I'd love to meet ya sometime. If you want any zoas, grubes gorg, purple sea whip, some rock flower nems I have lots I could frag for ya. I'd love to gift ya some zoa polyps as a welcome to the area. I'll be heading down to the best LFS in the area this friday after work if you're around.
20191202_200718.jpg
20191202_194516.jpg
20191202_100702.jpg
20191202_200841.jpg
 
I'm in Beaverton, and I'm a Board Member of our local aquarists club -- Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society. We have a great group of club members from Oregon & Washington, and hold monthly meetings (usually at area fish/coral stores, but occasionally at member's homes). Our annual holiday meeting is this Saturday down in Salem, with several raffle prizes up for grabs including an Apex, ReeFi LED light, and many other great prizes. We also have monthly raffles for new members to win a free coral frag.

Check us out at http://www.pnwmas.org. Hope to meet you at an upcoming meeting!

IMG_7362.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

AnimationWave.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new