Reefer Resurrection

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 15 years away from the hobby my wife and I have begun again with two small freshwaters and a RS Reefer 350 salt. It's been six months now and we're glad to be back. What tech has done for the hobby is amazing. I retired (sort of) this year and decided to go for the tech. Have incorporated an Apex w/Trident and two Neptune Doses to handle Calc/Alk and auto water changes. I've got a fish mix I like with a couple of Fire Gobies, three Green Chromis, Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp, Canary Blenny, Lawnmower Blenny, a pair of Perculas, Royal Gramma, Tomini Tang, and a McCosker's Wrasse.

Corals: mix of LPS, SPS, Favias, Meat, Colt, Bird's Nest, Chalises, Duncan, and probably something else I've forgotten. About 18 in total and mostly frags so still a lot of vacant real estate. At 74 I hope I'm around when they all fill the tank. :)
It's been fun and a challenge learning the new tech and equipment. My old reef tank was a converted 55 fresh tank (not drilled) and incorporated a Jaubert approach which did very well for years. That's about it.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). I'd love to see photos! Sounds amazing.

FragFarm

Frag Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 15 years away from the hobby my wife and I have begun again with two small freshwaters and a RS Reefer 350 salt. It's been six months now and we're glad to be back. What tech has done for the hobby is amazing. I retired (sort of) this year and decided to go for the tech. Have incorporated an Apex w/Trident and two Neptune Doses to handle Calc/Alk and auto water changes. I've got a fish mix I like with a couple of Fire Gobies, three Green Chromis, Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp, Canary Blenny, Lawnmower Blenny, a pair of Perculas, Royal Gramma, Tomini Tang, and a McCosker's Wrasse.

Corals: mix of LPS, SPS, Favias, Meat, Colt, Bird's Nest, Chalises, Duncan, and probably something else I've forgotten. About 18 in total and mostly frags so still a lot of vacant real estate. At 74 I hope I'm around when they all fill the tank. :)
It's been fun and a challenge learning the new tech and equipment. My old reef tank was a converted 55 fresh tank (not drilled) and incorporated a Jaubert approach which did very well for years. That's about it.

Welcome.
new member gets one time 20% discount at my shop. If you have any questions or needs please feel free hit me up and again welcome
WWW.NYCFISHNCORALS.COM

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! The best place for reefing information. This is by far the best forum in the world. So many amazing people with so much experience.

Glad to have you here! Great start so far!

Rob Gronkowski GIF by Tampa Bay Buccaneers

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to R2R!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back