ReeferFoxx's JBJ 30

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, I had been home between gigs for a reef months. Jan to mar?
Plus a lot of December for the holidays.

I left and the fish went nuts.
The cat also yelled all day looking for me. Only got quiet sleeping in my t shirt drawer.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, I had been home between gigs for a reef months. Jan to mar?
Plus a lot of December for the holidays.

I left and the fish went nuts.
The cat also yelled all day looking for me. Only got quiet sleeping in my t shirt drawer.
Omg. Cats... Hah. Thats a whole different discussion lol. Mine can't eat dry food so its all preped or canned food. They go nuts when i get home or if I'm gone. As soon as I get home, its this skretching bengal scream till I say the word "food". Thwn it turns into a loud whine and rubbing against my legs. Animals.. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahahaha! The cat trained the fish to train you!!! Hahah..... wait. I have a cat.
Conspiracy!
I believe it. I think my male cat adopted my freshwater tank. Hes been watching it lately before nap times. Kinda weird. Lol

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new light for the 10g comes in today. I'm kind of excited because I have no idea how well this little light will turn out. Hoping tonight I can get some initial in water par readings as well as playing with the 4 independent channels. BTW its the Lumini Asta 20 from Amazon. It should be somewhat comparable to the Kessil A80. We shall see.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I've been curious about the other brands out there.
Never a lot of feedback on then I names . Maybe gear shaming.
I've run across a bunch of marine land led tanks that are pretty stinking impressive.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I've been curious about the other brands out there.
Never a lot of feedback on then I names . Maybe gear shaming.
I've run across a bunch of marine land led tanks that are pretty stinking impressive.
Yeah and I like testing these "underdog" lights. Not just for the price point but just something different all together. Marineland still has a price punch for that style of lighting. With the lack of light penetration, I would hope they are successful at least to lps and softies. I've yet to see them on sps tanks though.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah and I like testing these "underdog" lights. Not just for the price point but just something different all together. Marineland still has a price punch for that style of lighting. With the lack of light penetration, I would hope they are successful at least to lps and softies. I've yet to see them on sps tanks though.
I've seen them do BTA and easy sps.
The 125- 200 ish range has to be.

Folks using them have or had no preconceived notions. So they just went with it. And it worked.

The hilarious thing in a lot of those were, the tanks were established , years sometimes, corals bta etc flourishing. Asking for alk/cal help. Folks chimed in and said "that light will never work";Facepalm

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read your whole thread. You, me and @saltyfilmfolks shoukd all start a new badge called, “Unsolved Tank Mystery.”

It is so strange that things are getting better when our husbandry advice says they should be in trouble. WHY!!!???

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read your whole thread. You, me and @saltyfilmfolks shoukd all start a new badge called, “Unsolved Tank Mystery.”

It is so strange that things are getting better when our husbandry advice says they should be in trouble. WHY!!!???
Good question. I always question why we spend thousands on equipment then opt for cheap dry rock lol.. The rock is the most important filtration we could have!

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have time tonight to par test the new light but now I own the asta 20 family!

20171108_193611.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Stig:D

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if I could be positive about anything going on in the JBJ is its kind of nice to see something else besides gha and dinos growing....;Facepalm
20171109_131458.jpg

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saltyfilmfolks. You think it would be ok if I take a razor blade to the base of that leather? Cause then I can just pop off the little piece of rock that the bubble algae is growing on.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes!

I use that a lot when I need too.

Just don't let me leave it on the lid.
:oops:

;)

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm. Not exactly.
I've always been a "slob" and run "dirty" tanks. Followed Paulb , garf , shmeck , Farley etc. I never have these problems.

My lovely search is for the answer to why I don't have them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back