Reefers! What is Your Profession?!

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im sure the customers you help are very grateful that you’re “just a carpet cleaner.” Thank you for sharing.
Absolutely. My crew and I love what we do because everyone is so happy when we complete a job. Instant gratification.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

YouTube Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Molecular biologist working on cell therapies against solid tumors.

I started a reef tank because both my young kids are autistic and the idea of colors and patterns and water flow seemed like a calm but stimulating thing to work on with them. My son is incredibly bright and he now has lengthy conversations about different fish species and coral with the guys at the LFS, he is 5. My daughter is younger and she loves sticking her little hands in either the ATO reservoir or the tank itself when she manages to climb something that she’s placed next to the rim of the tank. For me it helps me think about the cohesiveness of life and how intertwined it all is so feeds into how amazed I am with the world around me every day.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently last 5 years asst. parts manager at a GM dealership. Spent 22 years in the retail parts industry 20 of those as a store manager. Also was a state certified auto mechanic for 20 years only really in legit practice for 1.5 years. If my career choice has leant anything to this hobby for me its time management. Oh and I can do some mean diy.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, we've got some really important jobs/careers out there!

I'm currently a stay at home Mom, attempting to homeschool 4 kids, aged 4 to 14. Basically I run a zoo. I'm under qualified and underpaid, but somebody's got to do it.

Thankfully my hubs owns a small town auto body shop, and he'd love his best employee to come back but I have tank things to do. I still do part-time administrative, secretary, estimates, computer tech support, and "hold this" and "hand me that", I'm even fully capable of painting your car. But don't remind the hubs I remember how to. :cool:

I need, NEED, my tanks for relaxation. I also use as a teaching tool for many aspects. Learning about the inhabitants to chemistry to equipment can all be very useful teaching moments.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, we've got some really important jobs/careers out there!

I'm currently a stay at home Mom, attempting to homeschool 4 kids, aged 4 to 14. Basically I run a zoo. I'm under qualified and underpaid, but somebody's got to do it.

Thankfully my hubs owns a small town auto body shop, and he'd love his best employee to come back but I have tank things to do. I still do part-time administrative, secretary, estimates, computer tech support, and "hold this" and "hand me that", I'm even fully capable of painting your car. But don't remind the hubs I remember how to. :cool:

I need, NEED, my tanks for relaxation. I also use as a teaching tool for many aspects. Learning about the inhabitants to chemistry to equipment can all be very useful teaching moments.
Well I would say you have the most important job so far!

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I squeeze trout. I've been working with trout brood stock for over 27 years, supplying trout eggs to instate, private and regional state/federal hatcheries when the need arises. I currently assist in managing seven different trout species or strains.

Reefing is just an extension of my interests in all things aquatic.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Retired: Army Medical Corps, Civilian Gerontology/ Healthcare Administration, healthcare technology consultant.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 year union master fabricator that builds anything from any material.. certified welder, and currently shop foreman of one of the largest sign shops in Las Vegas. I build all the huge marque signs you see on the Las Vegas strip!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I squeeze trout. I've been working with trout brood stock for over 27 years, supplying trout eggs to instate, private and regional state/federal hatcheries when the need arises. I currently assist in managing seven different trout species or strains.

Reefing is just an extension of my interests in all things aquatic.

I'm so close to dworshak national fish hatchery I could almost see them from my front door. I bet they squeeze fish there too! There's a lot of hatcheries in my area.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

YouTube Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retired: Army Medical Corps, Civilian Gerontology/ Healthcare Administration, healthcare technology consultant.
Thank you for your service! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Career Aircraft Maintenance Technician (aircraft mechanic). Few (defunct) airlines later I work for the world's largest in terms of aircraft flown daily. Currently in a teaching role (a bit of travel) more than wrenching but I'm still doing brakes, tires and bathing in skydrol like everyone else .

Started out as a 2A5X1 when I was one of Uncle Sam's spoiled children '92 -'98, been in the civilian world ever since.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 47.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back